K9 Natural Venison Feast

Hi Everyone,

As the title suggests has anyone tried this product? I feed RAW meat, bones & veg to my dog but have a gift voucher for PetCircle and thought I would give this a try.. probably too expensive to continue regularly though..

Yes the freeze dried one that you add water to... I thought maybe just adding a small portion once or twice a week to her meal would be a good idea to add some more variety to her diet? Looks like it has great ingredients in it.

Excellent product but too expensive to use regularly. I would without hesitation use it if away for shows/trials though.

I haven't used the venison 1 - just the lamb or the green tripe. Dogs love it.

Yes the freeze dried one that you add water to... I thought maybe just adding a small portion once or twice a week to her meal would be a good idea to add some more variety to her diet? Looks like it has great ingredients in it.

Horrible Herbert Vizsla loves this. He's just 16 months 2 weeks.

At last year's Dog Lovers' Show in Sydney, I got the samples. I have brought it since. He'll get feed some this week in preparation for a Show. He seems to get a glorious sheen on his coat & look really trim after a week of feeding this.

I agree about the ingredients. Service from Pets Circle is great as well.

:D

ps... Momma should really call me Handsome Herbert now. 'Cos I am. :rofl:

Does anyone know how long it keeps before rehydrated?

Piper - Yes would be a good product if you are away at shows/trilas or even camping! I imagine it doesn't take up much space either.

Good to know the dogs love it and it shows in their coats! thumbsup1.gif Might be worth giving a try I think.

Sail_Away

this is the beauty of the product.

It actually has a shelf life of 3 years if you do not open it. But once it is opened and looked after correctly, I was told to expect at least 15 months.

What I have done is use a snap seal bag. THen I put that bag in a Sistema container. I keep it in the dark of the pantry. No need to put in the fridge. I keep it out of life and away from bugs.

:flower:

Edited by VizslaMomma

Products like this I keep in mind for when we are caravaning which we do often. We have to keep everything as light as possible. So will be adding this to my list of suitable's. Kiwipeak is another fabulous dehydrated dry food. My guys absolutely love it.

I use it for treats when I haven't any of my home made available. I reckon it is a good product, mind you I only ever use it as a treat, but I would feed hydrated on a camping trip if I didn't have the capacity to carry his raw food.

Buying the big bag is around a 10th of the price as buying their small treat bags and they are the same thing LOL :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

It's a great food if your bank balance can cope. The same with Ziwipeak (Kiwipeak..!) - I generally feed dry and then every other day throw in some Ziwipeak, but I've found with my cat he's now turning his nose up at the kibble. Spoiled.

It's a great food if your bank balance can cope. The same with Ziwipeak (Kiwipeak..!) - I generally feed dry and then every other day throw in some Ziwipeak, but I've found with my cat he's now turning his nose up at the kibble. Spoiled.

You created a monster.

:rofl:

All we feed our pup is food from the K9 freeze dried range, with occasional fresh bones, some natural yoghurt, krill oil (for omega 3), occasionally tiny bit of apple/nashi and blended steamed veg.

It's not cheap, but a maltese doesn't exactly eat much, so we are okay with the cost of it. Much better than commercial kibble, without endless hours preparing raw food.

I wouldn't keep the reconstituted wet product for more than a day - it is still raw after all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gave it to her for the first time last night... Not what I expected it to look like... reminds me of the pellets you feed the kangaroos at the petting zoo - although she reminds me of a kangaroo most of the time so if the shoe fits rofl1.gif

She gobbled it down SO fast! A lot of the water didn't absorb as much as I expected it too, so adding something like rice or pasta would be good to help soak it up. She had really bad diarrhoea straight away afterwards though... so maybe too rich for her? I think if I give less and just add to main meal once a week it would be better...