Can Be Deleted

Guest crazydoglady99

Omg!! Seriously??

The dog is 4 years old!! That is not elderly!!

I don't care that he knows its me, is pissed off - whatever. If his dog has an underlying medical condition he has nothing to worry about does he??

She is skinny. I can see all of her ribs and spine.

I know FOR A FACT he is rarely home. He lives ALONE.

I asked who to report it to - I didn't ask if you agreed with it or not. Some of the hypocritical responses.. seriously..

"Talk to them first bla bla - once I saw a dog when I was out walking and reported it"..

What exactly do you mean by the bolded part? Seriously what a rude post. Sorry I bothered. Have a nice day.

Edited by sarsaparilla

Omg!! Seriously??

I don't care that he knows its me, is pissed off - whatever. If his dog has an underlying medical condition he has nothing to worry about does he??

I asked who to report it to - I didn't ask if you agreed with it or not. Some of the hypocritical responses.. seriously..

"Talk to them first bla bla - once I saw a dog when I was out walking and reported it"..

Apologies. I am trying to keep an eye on a deaf kitten playing around the room as I browse on here so not paying full attention.

Yes definitely report to the RSPCA. The dog sounds in shocking condition & it must be distressing to see it like that.

Hope things improve for it. Do come back & give us some feedback.

Guest crazydoglady99

It's freezing cold.. she has no fat to keep warm..

I realise the majority think it's rude to report other pet owners - but if concerned members of public/neighbours/whatever don't speak up - who will?

I don't want to knock on his door. He was a complete and utter jerk to deal with the 400 times his dog broke through the fence. Made no effort to come pick her up so we babysat her all day, many days. Until eventually we had no choice but to call the Rangers to collect her - multiple times.

I would not - in the slightest - be offended if rspca/rangers etc knocked on my door. I have nothing to hide!

This has given me the answer I wanted - now I can stop sitting on hold trying to get through to rangers and call RSPCA instead!

Thanks all.

I don't think its rude to report an animal that seems to be in distress. Good on you for caring. If the owner is doing the right thing by their dog they should have nothing to worry about. Speaking to the owner may not give you the desired outcome. If we all do nothing....

Omg!! Seriously??

What exactly do you mean by the bolded part? Seriously what a rude post. Sorry I bothered. Have a nice day.

Yes I'm curious as to who is being hypocritical here?

This is a forum people dont always say what you want to hear and all we're doing is pointing out there might be more going on. If the dog is indeed neglected then fine, report it.

You do whatever you want but you dont have to be rude about it. None of us were.

Edited by Bjelkier

Omg!! Seriously??

Yes I'm curious as to who is being hypicritical here? This is a forum and all we're doing is pointing out there might be more going on.

You do whatever you want but you dont have to be rude about it. None of us were.

Agreed.

I have a dog with a serious illness that prevents her from putting on weight. She is under vet care and I spend a small fortune on drugs and special food. She is happy as but is thin. I would be devastated if the RSPCA knocked on my door or if someone thought I was mistreating her.

I would always ask the owner first what is going on.

It is good to care but you should get your facts straight first.

I don't think its rude to report an animal that seems to be in distress. Good on you for caring. If the owner is doing the right thing by their dog they should have nothing to worry about. Speaking to the owner may not give you the desired outcome. If we all do nothing....

Agree.

I realise the majority think it's rude to report other pet owners - but if concerned members of public/neighbours/whatever don't speak up - who will?

I don't want to knock on his door. He was a complete and utter jerk to deal with the 400 times his dog broke through the fence. Made no effort to come pick her up so we babysat her all day, many days. Until eventually we had no choice but to call the Rangers to collect her - multiple times.

I would not - in the slightest - be offended if rspca/rangers etc knocked on my door. I have nothing to hide!

This has given me the answer I wanted - now I can stop sitting on hold trying to get through to rangers and call RSPCA instead!

Thanks all.

I can't help but think I'd be an utter jerk to you too if this is your attitude. If you can't be bothered to put the attitude and pettiness aside and talk to your neighbour about the dog then you've been given your answer.

Guest crazydoglady99

Thanks all.

I can't help but think I'd be an utter jerk to you too if this is your attitude. If you can't be bothered to put the attitude and pettiness aside and talk to your neighbour about the dog then you've been given your answer.

I think you missed the point there..

It's not my responsibility to look after someone else's dog - because they can't keep it in their yard and they refuse to pay half of a new fence.

Guest donatella

I would report and we need more people like you.

This dog could be being neglected and playing the 'might be sick' card isn't going to do any favours. I have reported before and situations have been investigated and I don't regret it. There is nothing lost for the RSPCA to investigate. They have always been thorough with my reports and you can do so online. Sounds suss to me

Edited by donatella

I would report to. Its not up to animallover to get all the facts - that is the job of the RSPCA investigator. She has serious concerns about the welfare of an animal. The RSPCA can check it out, and if the dog does have a medical condition the owner will be given the all clear.

I know you want the thread deleted but if you haven't already, do call the RSPCA and talk to the Inspectors. Despite some people's beliefs about the RSPCA the Inspectorate at RSPCA ACT are actually pretty good and investigate cases of skinny dogs and work with the owners to help however they can (including providing food free of charge if that would help) OR try to pursue actual neglect cases if they have the grounds.

If it is a case of an unwell dog and the owners show they are doing what they should the RSPCA inspectors won't make life difficult for them!

The DAS rangers don't investigate this kind of thing.

ETA - sorry, I missed the part of your post where you already said you were going to call RSPCA. Good on you :)

Edited by Simply Grand

I don't know you situation and RSPCA is where I would turn if I thought a dog was being neglected.

Another point of view though......

Our neighbours over the road had a dog that was not treated how I would treat my dogs. It got out onto the road, it was rarely walked, untrained etc etc. BUT.....It was in good condition, was well fed and in their own way loved. Their other neighbours reported them to the RSPCA who turned up to investigate. Next thing I knew I was being abused for reporting their dog for being too skinny - because I am the dog person. Ummmmm......sorry, if your dog lived at my place it would be on a diet. Sometimes a polite conversation is a good starting point - for all concerned, even those who may seem not to be.

Guest crazydoglady99

Perhaps..

But I didn't ask whether I should report, or who agreed/didn't agree etc. I asked who to report it to.

I have already tried to call the rangers a million times - but was unsure of RSPCA role in this instance.

Anyway - I got my answer. So the thread can be deleted.

Edited by crazydoglady99