Non-Slip Dog Socks

Ranga

We have recently laid a floating bamboo floor, and as much as I love it, the dogs are finding it a challenge :mad In particular, Archie, our Standard Schnauzer.

So, I wondered whether non slip socks would work. Can anyone suggest a type or brand which would work?

Thanks in advance :)

Gratuitous doggy photo :D

0e2e2a6b97c7e8496a122200a89213fd_zps1de99e11.jpg

When my old girl's back legs were going she struggled on our tiles so we put mats down and I bought a product called Cherry Knoll's Sure Foot. It's like a balm that you rub on the paw pads. I applied it 2-3 times a day and it was excellent. I bought it online.

I have wooden floors and the dogs slip on them especially if we have has a heap of dry sunny days and the floor is very clean.

I also found that trimming the hair right back between their pads so none of it touches the floor helps.

So does having a grubby floor :D

I am thinking of getting some baby socks for my girl for when I am inside training with her. I am thinking it may help prevent my losing skin off the back of my hands when she affectionaly paws me. The skin on the backs of my hands is so thin & will only get worst with age :( I might be able to get her to wear them when she is out in public in places where old people are likely to stop & pat her. She just loves to offer her paw..

I had a search on the Toe Grip site and they can be bought at The Vet Store Online http://www.vetstoreonline.com.au/-dr-buzbys-toegrips-for-dogs-277/#tab3

They do list their Surgery Contact Details as 2394 Plenty Rd Whittlesea VIC 3757

I may get a set for Penny as she has had her ACL replaced recently and I want her to be confident on her feet.

I have emailed them to ask how much the postage is.