What To Do About Toby...

*kirty*

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crazydoglady99

Oh kirty, I am so sorry this is happening.

I would not have a clue how to manage this situation. This must be so incredibly stressful for you.

Hope you find a way to settle everything. Good luck.

Why is it harsh? You are speaking as though I am ignoring the needs of my small animals. As I said, I am not a moron. The situation is being managed. I was hoping for help with Toby, not judgements on how I look after my pets.

No one is calling you a moron or judging you about how you look after your pets. We know from your threads and posts that that is the absolute opposite and that you would go to the ends of the earth.

I think many of us have had the very very difficult situation of having a dog who is damaged, aggressive, reactive etc etc and simply by being there, that dog unsettles the whole structure and atmosphere.

I don't think kirty is allowing her small animals to be stalked and chased etc.

I, for one did not say or imply that. I'm not going back through the posts to check if someone else did.

On the contrary, I said before and just above, that the dog doesn't have to chase and stalk. Simply by being there, some dogs can frighten others.

It is a horrible situation to be in and I feel deeply for kirty.

Edited by Dame Danny's Darling

Kirty

Every time my dog has a go at a dog on the opposite side of the road or down the park - I feel your frustration...

I'm sure you will find a way that works for you and all the critters in your life. It's not easy, or instant. Do what you feel is best for your sanity - that way you can best look after all your critters (including the dog).

Yes, huski is right, it is a common problem, & fixable too. However, it needs time & application. Only kirty knows if she is able to manage this.

Kirty, from reading your posts recently, you have a lot on your plate...... dogs including a puppy, kids, possums in care, foster kittens, pocket pets & then there is work & running a household. Time to draw breath, I think! Time to prioritise tasks, you have a couple of dogs, puppy & Toby, who need some serious one on one time. This is in no way meant as criticism but as advice. You will work it out.....just take a step back & think about the best way forward.

I don't think kirty is allowing her small animals to be stalked and chased etc.

Good luck with it all.

and I never said she was. But the dog will be under huge amounts of stress whether Kirty likes it or not

Just keep in mind this will be a life time issue and will need careful management forever. One slip up could be very serious.

I thought I was quite capable managing our girl but after almost 8years and her behaviour escalating she eventually wore me, my family and the other animals in the house down.

Even though we all loved her it was a huge relief on everyone once she was gone (I know that might sound awful) our house has been relaxed since and I've now got free range rabbits and chooks that are all safe and happy, my cats play chasy through the garden and the small dogs can do their thing without worry.