Woman Charged For Allegedly Selling Non-Existent French Bulldog Puppie

Panto

Woman charged for allegedly selling non-existent French Bulldog puppies in NSW

Posted 13 minutes ago

MAP: Cootamundra 2590A NSW woman has been charged with fraud offences after allegedly selling non-existent dogs online.

Police said the 25-year-old woman from Cootamundra, in the state's south, advertised French Bulldog puppies online in June.

They said yesterday, two people contacted them saying they had paid for the puppies but not received them.

Police said one victim deposited $5,500 into the woman's bank account, the other $4,000.

It is alleged the woman used the money to buy a car in the Riverina region. Police said the puppies did not exist.

She has been charged with two counts of obtaining financial advantage by deception and dealing in property suspected to be the proceeds of crime.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-07-10/woman-charged-for-allegedly-selling-non-existent-dogs/6610838

People are just getting too stupid if they are paying that amount of money to a breeder they haven't done any homework on. Is it normal to even pay all the money up front? I figured a deposit was required to hold a pup and then the balance would be required upon finalisation of the sale and pick up? And I thought a good frenchie breeder would have a waiting list?

If the dog is being sent interstate then they will have to make full payment upfront. A couple of nice reviews (from the person doing the selling) on a couple of sites could fool a lot of people.

This is why I wouldn't ever buy a pup from somewhere else unseen. I know it can work out fine but I'm not trusting enough.

Absolutely understandable DA!

Similarly I won't sell a pup unless I've met the person or they come with a very good referral from someone I know and respect.

This is why I wouldn't ever buy a pup from somewhere else unseen. I know it can work out fine but I'm not trusting enough.

Similarly I won't sell a pup unless I've met the person or they come with a very good referral from someone I know and respect.

some friends of mine have just taken a plane to Europe last night because the seller insists on meeting them before she'll sell them a puppy. Too bad if when they get there she doesn't like them. I dont think that will happen, they've already built up a relationship on the internet.

some friends of mine have just taken a plane to Europe last night because the seller insists on meeting them before she'll sell them a puppy. Too bad if when they get there she doesn't like them. I dont think that will happen, they've already built up a relationship on the internet.

Now that's dedication!

Remember the guy who ripped off people with british bulldogs? http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gold-coast-dog-breeder-on-fraud-charges-over-pup-sales/story-e6freoof-1225913031430

Frenchies are THE breed at the moment. BYB's are getting undesexed dogs, pumping them out and still can't keep up with demand.

Problem being, when someone wants a dog right now, and contacts a breeder who says they have a wait list or no litter at the moment then the potential buyer just keeps trying until they find one. Doesn't matter if it's a registered breeder, BYB, farmer, a Cameroon scam or someone selling imaginary pups, $5k is market price. People pay big money regardless, not realising they would have been better off to wait for a nicely bred (real) dog.

Most people own one or two dogs every 15yrs. You can't expect them to know what's going on at the moment and I feel bad for them to be taken advantage of.