Percy The Deerhound Is In His New Home!

_PL_

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone wants to put their hands up thats fine, i just messaged her to see if he is still available. it doesnt say if he is desexed and i would worry he may get snapped up by the wrong sort so did it quick.

:) Awesome Juice!!

I had a brain fart and wrote Irish Wolfhound when he's a Scottish, but would probably be able to get help from the Irish ladies. :o

so is it a Wolfhound or a Deerhound?

Ad says "Scottish Deerhound" (sorry).

Edited by Powerlegs

Anyone up for this? She wants me to call her, but don't want to step on toes if someone is planning on taking him here? Plus he is not in my state, but will if he has no other choice.

Edited by juice

Anyone up for this? She wants me to call her, but don't want to step on toes if someone is planning on taking him here? Plus he is not in my state, but will if he has no other choice.

I haven't been messaged by anyone here :) and I guess you could always ask if she's had other offers from decent rescues. Or piggers. :(

From experience you have to be lightning fast offering help to gumtree ads.

Good luck :thumbsup:

she has changed the ad to say he will not go to hunters, so clearly they are after him. :(

We have messaged back and forth and she is actually in sydney not vic.

I need rescue backup if i was to take him, he is already desexed.

she has changed the ad to say he will not go to hunters, so clearly they are after him. :(

juice, there is a lady here in Bungendore, one of my clients, who used to breed Deerhounds and who was also active in the rescue arm of the club. Would you like me to ask if she can help rehome him through the club?

PM dogmad too juice, she knows all sorts of hound rescues who could back you up I'm sure.

I already sent Jane a message this morning. she will be at work atm.

Any help trifecta would be great, i'm not sure he is pure ,he looks it to me, but i'm no expert.

I kinda jumped in a bit quick as have always wanted one, but in reality my two are adjusting to Appollo passing and shouldn't really add to the pack atm.

If he had no other options i would take him, but if he can find a spot somewhere thats great.

can you let me know ?

Edited by juice

Never heard of the breed before. Looked up pics & I thought they looked rather like an Irish Wolfhound. Then found some info that said the Scottish Deerhound is closely related to the Irish Wolfhound & was the main contributor when that breed was re-created at end 19th century. Don't know how true that is. But I loved Flute, an Irish Wolfhound that lived in the next street. He had a great temperament.

I already sent Jane a message this morning. she will be at work atm.

Any help trifecta would be great, i'm not sure he is pure ,he looks it to me, but i'm no expert.

I kinda jumped in a bit quick as have always wanted one, but in reality my two are adjusting to Appollo passing and shouldn't really add to the pack atm.

If he had no other options i would take him, but if he can find a spot somewhere thats great.

can you let me know ?

Sorry juice, missed your edit a couple of days ago - will chase up tomorrow!

Juice, I have spoken to the husband of my contact. Apparently Deerhound rescue is coordinated from Victoria but they have carers Australia wide. Please PM me your email address & I will put you in contact.

Cheers!

Percy the Deerhound that was in the Sutherland area NSW was adopted by a member on FB Deerhound australia .I put the ad on there and Andrew jumped at him so the deerie is in a great home :)

Percy the Deerhound that was in the Sutherland area NSW was adopted by a member on FB Deerhound australia .I put the ad on there and Andrew jumped at him so the deerie is in a great home :)

:thumbsup:

Thanks for updating, I'll let my contact know :)