Who Did This Poo?

Kirislin

Definitely not wombat - which looks like dog poo except it's green. I need to get some mates up here to sort out my local fox problem. Although I know more will fill the gap.

That's odd...the wombat poo in Tassie is square, just over an inch in diameter & is placed in neat little piles on top of things & it is pale brown.

I posted it on a hunting forum and was amazed at how many blokes had no idea, kept thinking it was wombat or kangaroo. I'd expect hunters to have a better idea. Fair enough that we 'civvies' aren't sure, but hunters should know.

You are assuming that hunters actually care about what they are killing.

Any hunter worth their salt does care. Most, if not all of the hunters I know are in it to assist farmers and landowners eradicate established pests from their properties. They are well trained, licensed and extremely responsible, skilled in the way of a quick, humane kill, targeting a specific area on the animal to ensure no suffering is endured. In the case of foxes, wild pigs and wild dogs, even crows, all of these are responsible for stock losses which can cost farmers significantly and puts a dent in their livelihood, not to mention the horrific maiming a lot of stock suffer due to wild dogs killing not to eat sometimes but more for amusement. Foxes and pigs as well as dogs will easily take a newborn or sometimes still being born lamb, kid or cria and maul the birthing female to boot. Ten pigs can destroy an acre of crop in half an hour, deer demolish fences and ringbark young native trees as well as disturbing stock, rabbits dig everything and where you have rabbits you have foxes, and so the cycle continues. I know what I would prefer - a quick and humane dispatching of a predator versus hefty and often torturous stock losses.

There will always be degenerate yobbos who do the wrong thing but please try not to tar all of us with the same brush. I know many, many shooters who not only manage pests on properties but also keep a watchful eye out for trespassers, they fix fences/water troughs etc and report any illness or injury of stock to the landowners. Not all of us are bloodthirsty dickheads :)

:thumbsup:

Definitely not wombat - which looks like dog poo except it's green. I need to get some mates up here to sort out my local fox problem. Although I know more will fill the gap.

That's odd...the wombat poo in Tassie is square, just over an inch in diameter & is placed in neat little piles on top of things & it is pale brown.

here too, and it's kind of square as well, like yours. The colour probably depends on what they're eating.

..... Same offer stands for you TSD, if you cant get your mates up soon enough let me know and I can find someone .... all licenced and responsible .

But it's not that simple, these deer (Dandenong Ranges) are in outer-outer-suburban habitat. Shooting is illegal. Even a licenced shooter needs to go through the formalities of neighbour's permission all round - let alone shooting in or near our Sherbrooke etc. Forests being illegal. Probably the same where you are Kirislin: for me anything less than 100 acres cannot be shot over, none of our neighbours are too keen, too many gun hobbyists around. I've gone a thousand percent further off them after this last lion shoot on the news, first our great cricketer now an overpaid dentist among others. I'd only buy the "we do it to help the farmers" line if the same people did some volunteer work at a hospital or free gardening for the disabled: "we do it because we like doing it" sounds more honest.

here too, and it's kind of square as well, like yours. The colour probably depends on what they're eating.

They should all be squares, its a wombat thing, to stop it rolling off when they put it on top of things for their scent marking.

Had a class at uni about it yesterday laugh.gif

They should all be squares, its a wombat thing, to stop it rolling off when they put it on top of things for their scent marking.

Stackable IKEA poos :laugh:

Stackable IKEA poos :laugh:

rofl1.gif