New Obedience And Rally Rules

it would be handy if the rule changes were highlighted.

Spookily I was practising a recall and distance signal in our rally ring last Sunday as there wasn't much room outside the ring. I joked with the instructor that they should be introduced to rally :laugh:

Bugger the sit stays remain crying.gifdrink.gifhitself.gif

I know. Blerk. But has the distance in between dogs increased? That would have helped me and Poppy.

Yes, Jules ..distance is now at least 2.5 metres, so that's a bit of an improvement. Still a pain that they couldn't get rid of sit stays.

Bugger the sit stays remain crying.gifdrink.gifhitself.gif

I know. Blerk. But has the distance in between dogs increased? That would have helped me and Poppy.

Yes, Jules ..distance is now at least 2.5 metres, so that's a bit of an improvement. Still a pain that they couldn't get rid of sit stays.

Yeah, I just wish the sit stay had gone out of CCD.

Happy about the distance between dogs increasing and I think the distance of the handler from the dog has decreased. But - yep - yuck - sit stay!!!!

I'm actually quite excited about the new Rally signs and titles! Spins, distance control and recall to heel all sound like fun.

Obedience review has been a complete waste of time and money IMHO, every review dumbs it down

Everyone seems pretty excited about the new rally rules, judging from comments on facebook and here. It will be fun to have some new challenges. However it does seem like such a waste of time and effort for the few minor changes to the obedience rules. I'm curious as to where you consider it has been 'dumbed down' though.