What To Use On Healing Wounds?

My pooch had surgery two weeks ago to remove two lumps. He has a small wound on his wrist thats healing well, and a very large one on his elbow that's going to leave a big scar. My boy is beginning to flea bite chew the shaved patches around the wrist wound and where the drip was on his other leg as well as lick at his elbow, so I presume that he's quite itchy. What can I use to encourage healing and soothe the itchiness? His hair grows back really slowly too.

Solugel. This stuff is brilliant for wound healing and is a clear gel that's very soothing, I've used it on myself. It has to be covered though to work, a generous amount on a gauze pad then vet wrap, repeat every 24 hours for a few days. My vet back home was sceptical of it when a vet nurse was using it on her greyhound until he saw the results, now he keeps the clinic well stocked with it. I use it often with my thin skinned greyhounds.

You can buy it at any chemist.

http://www.yourchemistshop.com.au/solugel-wound-dressing-50gm-j-j.html?CAWELAID=620011870000394535&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=620011870000459134&cadevice=c&gclid=CPDnmuCDnccCFYQHvAod1j0NrA