Best Dog Beds For Seniors

westiemum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy trying out his new bed... (I bought his the flat one as that seemed to be how he preferred to sleep - he always chooses flat surfaces - and good to see I was right!! thumbsup1.gif

post-11746-0-64600100-1449227619_thumb.jpg

And thats the last for tonight!! Sorry for the deluge of photos - but I'm so thrilled with these - couldn't be happier!!

Edited by westiemum

Roova I don't 'like' them - I love them!! I'm gobsmacked!!

People these are seriously good beds - yes they are an investment but they are so well made and as Roov says they are so soft but sturdy as well!!! I bought them stuffed already but buying the covers and stuffing yourself is a really good option to get these good beds at a better price.

And she's still there...

post-11746-0-64349200-1449220114_thumb.jpg

Even upside down!

Must be a good bed :D

denali - no-one has been able to explain to me why I'm so brilliant at posting photos upside down!! rofl1.gif I swear they are right side up when I upload them - its one of DOLs mysteries! rofl1.gif

Anyway glad you like the bed too. I bought them stuffed because I costed memory foam locally and the saving was neglibile - but buying the cover and stuffing the bed yourself with a different type of foam could be really worthwhile. I'm genuinely really thrilled with them.

I bought three lovely clean thick sheepskins at another garage sale yesterday (it was a good day for garage sales but unfortunately no big food processors for dog-slops), when I got home I placed the one on top of each other on the floor, went to make a cup of tea, came back and saw Penny climbing on top of them all.

'O good' I thought, she likes them

then she wee-d all over them

:rofl:

And an update - yes the battle for the Orvis lounge bed is in full swing here! Andy has decided this lounge bed business is a damn fine thing and seems to prefer it to the flat bed - he's even sleeping with his head on the bolster!! Hmm... looks like I'll have to get another one eventually for winter.

And after this weekend I'm even more of a fan of these beds than I was before. Yesterday Sarah had a bad day continence wise - twice she accidentally wee'd while deeply asleep - one on the lounge and once on the new Orivis lounge bed. Oh well I thought - was bound to happen at some stage. So I cleaned up the lounge and then took the cover off the bed to wash wondering what sort of shape the memory foam was in - and was delighted to find it was in a brilliant zip waterproof cover as well which stopped the wee going through to the foam!! So wiped over the foam insert, washed the cover, it dried really quickly and is now back on the bed good as new. Don't know about anyone else, but this is the first time I've come across a dog bed so well designed that even the foam has a waterproof cover. Just brilliant and worth every cent. thumbsup1.gif

And here's the wonderful surprise I found when I unzipped the cover...

post-11746-0-93841000-1449985095_thumb.jpg

Edited by westiemum

laugh.gif Sorry Scottsmum - but it takes a lot to impress me - but yes I'm seriously impressed with this bed - and that waterproof cover for the foam insert is just awesome - you have no idea how pleased I was not to have to try and wash the foam as well! laugh.gif

laugh.gif Sorry Scottsmum - but it takes a lot to impress me - but yes I'm seriously impressed with this bed - and that waterproof cover for the foam insert is just awesome - you have no idea how pleased I was not to have to try and wash the foam as well! laugh.gif

Oh. No. I totally understand that. ;)