Plastic In Applaws

Dave-o

I've had numerous reports of coloured pieces of plastic being found in Applaws It's All Good (both dog and cat). It seems a lot of bags have been affected, so if you feed the food it's definitely worth having a close inspection. They haven't made an official recall or made any attempt of notifying consumers :|

Thanks for the heads-up!

I use different kind of kibbles and fill them into transparent plastic containers - did this with Applaws approx. 10 days ago after buying it from WW...didn't notice any plastic parts but will check again.

Small multicoloured plastic balls are fairly normal in Blood & Bone fertiliser.

Cattle / Sheep ear tags are not taken off before animal parts are rendered down at the freezing works.

I'd expect them to be in beef or lamb based kibble too.

Edited by Ashka

When you see the rubbish that dog's eat everyday, that is not a normal diet, then you wouldn't be too worried about tiny bits of plastic. I would assume they would pass straight through unless they were big enough to obstruct & then they would be quite noticeable. When I give my dogs a meaty bone out on the lawn, it gets consumed along with all sorts of foreign matter & if they decide to bury it for later.... :eek: Of course it would be much better if they wern't in the food & it's not the sort of thing I would expect to find in a top quality kibble. I always find bits of bone in VIP Chunkers which are a cooked product. I once found a rat's tail in a Snowy River meat pie :vomit:

• 2 weeks later...