Dead Dogs Breeder.

GeckoTree

http://www.safework.nsw.gov.au/law-and-policy/legislation-and-codes/codes-of-practice

quote:...'It is recognised that equivalent or better ways of achieving the required work health and safety outcomes may be possible.
For that reason
compliance with codes of practice is not mandatory
providing that any other method used provides an equivalent or higher standard
of work health and safety than suggested by the code of practice'....

while this link is about OHS, I would assume the same applies to the Animal Welfare.

Edited by Willem

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.safework....des-of-practice

quote:...'It is recognised that equivalent or better ways of achieving the required work health and safety outcomes may be possible.
For that reason compliance with codes of practice is not mandatory providing that any other method used provides an equivalent or higher standard
of work health and safety than suggested by the code of practice'....

while this link is about OHS, I would assume the same applies to the Animal Welfare.

Nup

My link

This Code contains both standards and guidelines for the care of dogs or cats forbreeding. The standards have legal effect in three ways:• Failure to meet a standard may result in a Penalty Infringement Notice or a prosecution under Clause 20 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (General)Regulation 2006.• In more serious cases, failure to meet a standard may support a prosecution for an offence under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1979.Under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1979 the person in charge of ananimal is responsible for meeting the legal obligations regarding an animal’swelfare. The person in charge, who may be the owner of the animal or anotherperson who has the care or control of the animal, for example the breedingmanager or a member of staff, is legally responsible for the care of the animal, andtherefore for meeting the standards of this Code.

You never know - she may have come home from shopping one day to find 6 dead dogs .No idea who shot them but they were buried on the property.

She may have had someone in who is experienced in this kind of thing to do the job for her. Always a way around it and if it werent for the photos Id be suggesting we shouldnt judge.

My link

This Code contains both standards and guidelines for the care of dogs or cats forbreeding. The standards have legal effect in three ways:• Failure to meet a standard may result in a Penalty Infringement Notice or a prosecution under Clause 20 of the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (General)Regulation 2006.• In more serious cases, failure to meet a standard may support a prosecution for an offence under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act, 1979.Under the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Act 1979 the person in charge of ananimal is responsible for meeting the legal obligations regarding an animal’swelfare. The person in charge, who may be the owner of the animal or anotherperson who has the care or control of the animal, for example the breedingmanager or a member of staff, is legally responsible for the care of the animal, andtherefore for meeting the standards of this Code.

...of course it might result in legal investigations, but I can't recognise that this is a law. For example: I have to shoot my dog because she got injured in a car accident and I want to put her out of misery. This doesn't comply with the standard - but, assuming that she would have died anyway, but might have suffered for another 2 hours, it still complies with the law...?....

You never know - she may have come home from shopping one day to find 6 dead dogs .No idea who shot them but they were buried on the property.

She may have had someone in who is experienced in this kind of thing to do the job for her. Always a way around it and if it werent for the photos Id be suggesting we shouldnt judge.

I would think very carefully before defending this person. Well known to many.

I wasnt defending her just pointing out there are ways to dodge the bullet - it was one used by the greyhound breeders a couple of months back.

Despicable conditions.

Just to clear something up, in the article said the RSPCA said shooting dogs was legal,

but officers noted shooting a canine is legal
but in the legislature Steve quoted it said dogs had to be euthanised by an overdose of the drug, and by a vet or euthanasia technician.

So which one is correct?

Shooting is legal in Vic - not sure about NSW.

Its just another example of different requirements for breeders and breeding dogs .As Willem says a fair defence should be if you are putting the animal out of its misery and doing so quickly to prevent suffering but breeding dogs are seen to be different and popping a half dozen off without a vet will be a case to answer.

And shooting a dog is certainly not the worst thing that can happen if done correctly. Apparently it is also not thr first time this person has done this and other things

She certainly wasnt big on picking up poo either by the look of it. Ive no idea who she is but I hope she gets help for the sake of the dogs.

Correct.

Here is what upsets me. A good breeder has fans/followers and every dog they have bred or kept means something to them. If they fell on hard times and had to let go of some dogs they would probably find pet only homes for them to go to fairly quickly and easily. They'd probably also have other breeder friends happy to step in and help. If the animals were sick they would choose a euth process they were comfortable with and they would bury or cremate appropriately and with some respect. But this person was breeding 3 very different breeds under conditions she didn't want anyone else to notice and her problem solving skills equated to just disposing of her excess like it was vermin or garbage. If she had an ounce of love for any of her dogs she would bend over backwards to help them find homes. If she was proud of her breeding achievements then again she would be seeking alternatives that included those dogs going to new homes or even to a rescue for rehoming. If they were miraculously all sick and needing to go to the rainbow bridge at the same time then they would have ended up in more than a shallow grave.

I think it is clear she didn't care about the animals in her care on multiple levels and even if it is an ex providing information I wouldn't dispute it because it sounds perfectly feasible that she did all these things. She should be investigated to ensure the safety of all animals still in her care because that kind of neglect doesn't just suddenly disappear. Why even have dogs if they are such a hassle to look after and you are so bad at caring for them or keeping them alive?

My thoughts exactly LG. If this person is "losing her home" as she claims I can see that would cause distressed short-term ill thought out decisions, with limited time for options. Being kind there. Said person went on a poultry page recently advertising birds at a double value. Was called out by other members for over-charging, and also called out on the news report (as it appeared shortly afterwards). The "thread" was then disappeared, poof gone. I did have a quick look at the persons page on rubbish-book. Not impressed, not pleasant. I usually never go there, don't need 'shares' from the unintelligent telling me what is or is not cute or how to think positively or live my life as second-hand advice, bleeergh to the 'book.

Anyone losing their house has my total sympathy, but there's usually enough warning time to get animals re-homed before the day the bank brings down the hammer.

Karma has an interesting way of showing itself. This particular person has been a thorn in many a side for many years. She is a bully and a big mouth. Someone that has no issues publically stating that she would kill all the males in a litter because you can't find homes for them. Shooting and burying a dog is not an illegal act and everyone should remember this. What is 'immoral' is the reasons for doing it. 'unethical' as a registered or in this case lapsed registered breeder and exhibitor. This person has no mental problem, just an ego problem. It's easy to say 'get help' because sane people wouldn't so such a thing....but it's not a mental illness that creates a person such as this, it's bad behaviour, lack of guilt and a feeling of superiority.

And shooting a dog is certainly not the worst thing that can happen if done correctly. Apparently it is also not thr first time this person has done this and other things

She certainly wasnt big on picking up poo either by the look of it. Ive no idea who she is but I hope she gets help for the sake of the dogs.

No the kennels didn't get like that in days or weeks.

I saw no pleas for help for rehoming of dogs due to dire circumstances. I did know some woukd need to be but there were no photos/info etc on individual dogs looking for homes.