The Dogs Of Dol

grizabella

It seems to be a while since we've had a 'show off your pooches' thread, so I'm starting one now. Add a few photos of your dog/s, maybe a little backstory or a snippet about their personality.

I have just the one special canine in my life; saluki girl Bella, who is now five years old. She's a sweet girl if but definitely has some good old saluki attitude! Her hobbies include playing ball, pulling out all the toilet paper, shutting herself in empty rooms in the house (I've had a few near panics as I thought she'd gone missing!), chasing...anyone that moves, and playing the butt-biting game with houndy friends.

I hope that in the next couple of years the time will be right for me to bring a second dog into the family, but I feel fortunate indeed to have Bella.

28032761505_c0cf3bae09_z.jpgBella by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

13883662052_1ba3a4b0d1_z.jpgBella by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

13907317054_78f89c1179_z.jpgBella by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

Edited by grizabella

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lookswise Saluki's are my favourite breed (sighthound + long-haired = :love: ), but they would probably not fit into my pack of usually exercised offlead dogs that I like to do sports with :(

Scout probably runs off chasing stuff more than a sighthound does :3monkeys:

I'm sure there's room on your sofa for a hound :love:

Edited by Podengo

Lookswise Saluki's are my favourite breed (sighthound + long-haired = :love: ), but they would probably not fit into my pack of usually exercised offlead dogs that I like to do sports with :(

That might be a big ask. Some salukis do compete successful in dog sports in agility though! Bella has a fair recall, but still can go conveniently deaf on occasion.

That might be a big ask. Some salukis do compete successful in dog sports in agility though! Bella has a fair recall, but still can go conveniently deaf on occasion.

One of my favourite memories is of a couple of Salukis who did agility in WA. They would sail over the first 2 or 3 jumps, then take off for multiple zoomie laps around the ring and then return for the rest of the course. Funniest sight ever :laugh:

Ah Bella! I've always admired her, she's so beautiful!

Show off your dogs ok!

Nova is 3 now, he's grown into such a lovely boy, he's calm and lazy around the house and would sleep 22 hours a day if I let him, we get up for a run in the morning and he takes him self straight back to bed! But he has a huge amount of energy for work and just loves to train and play. His current favourite toy is an Invincible snake!

He is so switched on, I have to keep coming up with new things to teach him as he will pick up tricks in just a session, but he is fun to experiment new things with, we've just started learning nosework.

Here is a photo from a trial last month where he gained his RN :)

13532959_869880813141455_8970905919257409219_n.jpg?oh=008e3149055e5665c063b30ab836c53b&oe=5810A6D8

Scout probably runs off chasing stuff more than a sighthound does :3monkeys:

I'm sure there's room on your sofa for a hound :love:

There's likely room on my sofa for YOUR hound :laugh:

I can't believe Bella is 5! I honestly don't know where the time goes.

Sid is 5 too and just the most special boy. Finally starting to feel himself again after we lost Lola about 6 weeks ago.

28542051781_6edb0fb2a5_c.jpg

26924610464_50c797a159_c.jpg

Nova is very handsome. Congrats on his RN!

Here are my current 4 dogs on the couch, showing there is probably no room for a saluki :D

Gael is 7 year old border collie, she's my BFF. She is an awesome dog to live with and I'd keep her with me 24/7 if I could but for some reason she's the hardest dog I've done sports with. She is very handler focused and very reactive to tiny movements.

Next to Gael is Camo, who is a 12 month old Brittany and I just love her to bits, she is the only dog I have had since their birth and she is the sweetest thing, who can do no wrong in my eyes. I wasn't much of a puppy person until Cam :heart: Camo also got her RN recently.

Scout is a 4 year old Brittany and Camo's Mum. She is far more my husbands dog and I find her a little difficult in many ways. She is very bright but doesn't use her brain only for good.

Kep (2 year old border collie, Gael's nephew) is the only boy dog I have had for a long time (my two previous BCs were also girls). He is a big squishy doofus. Total mummy's boy and would love to be a lap dog. Unfortunately he is extremely licky. According to the general public he does a decent impression of a husky...

post-8662-0-55256700-1469760069_thumb.jpg

I have trouble on the phone....

Meg before - July 15

WP_20150628_016_zpshti3vubs.jpg

Meg 12 months later

WP_20160515_004_zpsqsxhqmdj.jpg

Baby Max Aug 15

WP_20150803_001_zpszh8fscqb.jpg

Max loving his mum this week

WP_20160725_005_zpsttqvxldt.jpg

The two when Max was a puppy

WP_20150804_003_zpsuv1vl2uc.jpg

Meg is a scream with photos. She'll smile if you say cheese LOL

Edited by karen15

My two big babies, Wisdom and Blaze - Blaze looks shorter than Wiz but she is actually taller! :)

wizzy%20and%20blazen_zpsqfnzx2xu.jpg

Daisy is doing super too, she will be 10 soon :)

12508935_10153285457603244_3053405480571491166_n_zpssqujnzmk.jpg

Edited by huski

This is Sebastian aka Chestafield Bee lLike Honey, my 8 month old Boxer. He is confident, super friendly, loving, smart and hilarious. He is so much fun to train, even though I'm a total novice. Thank goodness for DOL advice! He is amazingly patient with my kids, polite and chilled around the house and was a really easy puppy. He's my dream come true (literally). A couple of weeks before I even saw his litter listed on DOL, I had a dream that we had a white male boxer named Sebastian. Not a name is ever considered before and I thought we'd get a brindle female, but he is perfect.

Right now we are doing basic obedience, but I have signed up for a nose work class in September and I'm hoping in a couple of years, when the puppy crazy has settled, to train him as a therapy dog.

post-53660-0-03190700-1469783716_thumb.jpg

post-53660-0-36612400-1469783732_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Tor