Does She Look Alright?

rukes91

Hi guys, I need your help.

I'm adopting a 4months old female shiba inu puppy. I'm told by the owner that she's a pedigree and is healthy and requested for a picture.

this is how she looks like atm: https://s18.postimg.org/jngs2ye95/unnamed.jpg

I'm slightly concerned because her snout doesn't look quite typical of a shiba inu and her tail isn't curled up as most do. is she really a purebred? Looks doesn't matter to me, but i just wanna be sure that the owner is truthful. thank you appreciate your help.

By 'adopt' I presume you mean BUY ?

Ask the owner which breeder he got her from, and then Look up the breeder's kennel Name .. eg " ruke's shiba inu "

The only way to be fairly sure is to see the pedigree , and then you know what her ancestry is . :

is she registered with the state's canine control council, or a breed club?

It would be very wise for you to find out exactly her breeding , and any health checks carried out on her parents/her .

Edited by persephone

By 'adopt' I presume you mean BUY ?

Ask the owner which breeder he got her from, and then Look up the breeder's kennel Name .. eg " ruke's shiba inu "

The only way to be fairly sure is to see the pedigree , and then you know what her ancestry is . :

is she registered with the state's canine control council, or a breed club?

It would be very wise for you to find out exactly her breeding , and any health checks carried out on her parents/her .

yea i do mean buy, but i'm not a fan of the term because it makes them feel like objects :( although i understand adopt could be misleading.

oh, and that photo seems a pic of a MUCH younger puppy .... perhaps be very cautious if they told you it was taken just now ..

is the pup interstate , or why have you not checked her out?

yea, down in QLD. i wish i can go visit myself.

this is what was in the email:

They will have a care and instruction package that will assist you in providing an easy

transition to their new forever home. I will also send all paperwork

including details of Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examinations,

Health certificates, Health guarantees, Pedigrees, Micro-Chipped (In

case ever lost or stolen) and all other health certificates at my

disposal, blankets and crates and some food with the delivery agency

in charge of transportation of the puppy to your home

I'm honestly not too fuss about her trueee pedigree. I just wanna know if she looks alright in terms of health? her snout's not swollen is it? because i've seen typical ones are usually narrower/sharper

thanks for the help guys.

ask for more photos and more information, names of parents photos of pedigrees, breeders name and registered prefix.. Seems odd to me. I'd be wary of paying money and not getting a puppy.

Edited by Kirislin

OK ..I did a quick search, and found a kitten SCAM using the exact wording , and originating from teh cameroon , apparently?

They will have a care and instruction package that will assist you in providing an easy transition to their new forever home. I will also send all paperwork including details of Current vaccinations, Veterinarian examinations, Health certificates, Health guarantees, Pedigrees, Travel crates ,Micro-Chipped (In case ever lost or stolen) and all other health certificates at my disposal, blankets and crates and some food with the delivery agency in charge of transportation of the kittens to your home.

from THIS PAGE

https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=36&p=184596

oh my god. our correspondence was exactly as it was from the link. you guys saved my life. Thank you. I guess i'll be more careful next time round.

thank youuu

EDIT: i tried looking for the ad, he seem to have removed it. :(

Edited by rukes91

oh my god. our correspondence was exactly as it was from the link. you guys saved my life. Thank you. I guess i'll be more careful next time round.

thank youuu

perhaps he reads dogzonline too :D

thank youuu

perhaps he reads dogzonline too :D

I kindda confronted him about it =/ lol.

and I wanna express just one more time how grateful I am for everyone's help. Especially persephone. Thank you.

Lesson learnt, money saved.

I wonder how many people DO part with money in these transactions? :(

have a look at THIS PAGE and there may be a breeder near you ? if you want a puppy from a breeder, often there will be a wait ...and they will be more expensive than backyard /poorly bred ones , AND scams ;)

i am presuming you've done homework to make sure they are the right dog for your household ..while I was looking, I found this page which is short & sweet :) CLICK HERE, and this one ..CLICK HERE .

Great work Perse! Yep the wording of that ad is really suss! rukes91 its easy to fall for the first time unless you have someone like Perse watching your back. Almost happened to me over a car many years ago... and a friend picked up that it was a scam and stopped me. smile.gif

So as to the puppy you are looking for, my advice is find a registered breeder, go and meet them if possible or if not possible, before you commit, jump on here and see if you can find someone to vouch for them or maybe even check them out for you - we're a very helpful, community-minded bunch here - and there are some really knowledgeable people on DOL. As someone has already said, expect to pay a bit more from a proper breeder - while not infallible, IMO its worth it.

Friends of mine have just bought a mature westie from a very reputable breeder in NSW - she arrived yesterday (and boy is she gorgeous!). Two things - I already knew of the breeder as a very good breeder - but we double checked through another breeder we know and trust as well. My friends were a bit anxious about the price - but I said for such a well bred dog it was a snip - and hopefully they've paid for a well bred, healthy girl and what they've paid up front they'll save on vet fees down the track. Hope that helps.

If the seller's email is [email protected] and you Google that email he also has Pomeranians for sale in Hobart (they are sold as Playful Pomeranians...a better type apparently), and Alaskan Malamutes in Victoria

There are 22 Shiba Inu breeders listed on DOL so start phoning to have a chat with breeders in regards to buying a pup or an older dog

Edited by Boronia