A Whippet, A Dobe And A Shepherdy Dog

Kirislin

Lovely .. and I love watching the total efficiency of the Whippet's action.

My previous BC boy used to like to lead a pack of dog friends running free, after a trial or something. Friend's Whippet would allow Fergus to lead for a while, and then decide to put on the afterburners ... Fergus had no chance .. his face used to be a picture. :rofl:

Isn't it fascinating! The whippet's front feet don't come back into contact with the ground until they are right back under his shoulders whereas the Dobe's are still right out in front of his shoulders then he pulls himself forwards. The Whippet looks so effortless in conmparison.

Its a malinois :)

I saw this vidoe yesterday and could just watch it forever. it is so fascinating!

I thought so but I didn't dare say in case I got it wrong so I just took the safe option. :laugh:

I would have too :laugh: They are still a shepherd :D

Before I moved I had two friends with sighthounds one with a rescue lurcher type, another with a grey. We would take them to this fenced in really long dog park with Nova and they would all start racing each other laugh.gif Nova would just look like this fat little blob behind the other two, even when they were being rather relaxed, then the grey would hit full speed and leave both behind.