Anyone know what breed this could be?

Hi Everyone!

2 weeks ago our 14 year old JRT X said goodbye to use and went to the magical Rainbow Bridge. Our other girl (JRT X BEAGLE.) was very very depressed about his passing.

So i went searching for another fur baby needing a home, Come across this little girl at the pound and immediately did meet and greet and had to have her.

We pick her Up Tomorrow after she gets desexed/chipped and vaccinated. We have named her Gracie :)

The one thing i am puzzled by is her breed, Her ears are very big and stick out, she is small however only 4-6 months old. She doesn't typically look like a JRT which is what the pound said she was. 

Any idea? Maybe some Fox terrier or Chihuahua. The pound thought she maybe had Dachshund in her but doesn't look like that to me.  

We will love her to bits no matter her breed, it's just puzzling LOL. 

20170527_095649.jpg

She is a genuine Cuddlehound!:grimace:  Kelpie pups of that age have similar oversized ears, she will grow into them. No telling what the mix is - it is actually against forum guidelines to ask here, just enjoy her as the unique mix that she is.

• Like 6

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the loss of your JRT x. :hug:

Unfortunately 'guess the mix' threads like this are against the guidelines.

There are DNA tests you can do but the results seem kind of iffy. My approx 4kg rescue who is microchipped as a Chihuahua came back as JRT x Bichon x Australian Cattle Dog. :laugh:

Gracie looks like an adorable little munchkin all the same. :)

Let us know how she goes settling in? I hope she helps your other dog feel better

1. No 'What Breeds make up my Dog' type discussion
    Speaks for itself. If you have a cross-breed, then what breeds are in it doesn't really matter (and is very hard to tell anyway in a lot of cases). Just accept that it is a mixed breed and be happy :)
Edited by Papillon Kisses
  • Like 2

Thanks everyone!

Sorry didn't know it was against the rules.. ooops.

She is going to be much loved and part of the family no matter the breed, (i suspect part fruit bat LOL.) 

Will be back with more pics and to tell you all how she is soon.. my Beagle X will surely love her to bits!

• Like 6

My only advice would be to register as the most logical cross .Tenterfield terrier could be in there

If it looks more like something & thats what joe public can see then do so ,we get so many that come in boarding & they say its a *** & we have said if the dog was ever lost & you posted lost *** we would overlook the dog as it doesn't remotely look anything like the listed breeds .

Hopefully she will settle in well & bring your other dog happy times

• Like 5

My only advice would be to register as the most logical cross .Tenterfield terrier could be in there

If it looks more like something & thats what joe public can see then do so ,we get so many that come in boarding & they say its a *** & we have said if the dog was ever lost & you posted lost *** we would overlook the dog as it doesn't remotely look anything like the listed breeds .

Hopefully she will settle in well & bring your other dog happy times

Thanks! I think they were registering her as JRT X.

She does resemble a JRT a little. Probably better to register as mixed terrier.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the loss of your JRT x. :hug:

Unfortunately 'guess the mix' threads like this are against the guidelines.

There are DNA tests you can do but the results seem kind of iffy. My approx 4kg rescue who is microchipped as a Chihuahua came back as JRT x Bichon x Australian Cattle Dog. :laugh:

Gracie looks like an adorable little munchkin all the same. :)

Let us know how she goes settling in? I hope she helps your other dog feel better

WOW that's a mix LOL

I have heard of some doing those DNA tests and coming back as something entirely different then what they thought.

They are all loveable babies no matter what, I'm in love with her ears and cannot wait to see her grow. :)

• Like 2

Sorry for your loss :rainbowbridge::heart:

I reckon she could have mini foxie in her, she looks a bit like a dog I know who is JRT x mini foxie.

Could have some chihuahua.

Bit of a mix :)

Ours are mystery mutts too, we go by 'staffy mix' and 'Corgi X terrier'

although I think the rescue chipped Scrappi as 'Corgi x Maltese', no idea where the Maltese is!! Haha. 

Would be cool to get a DNA test done like the Embark one, tells you their rough 'pedigree'/family tree and also if they are affected/carriers/prone to any genetic diseases. :) 

Costs a few hundred though. 

• Like 1

Sorry for your loss :rainbowbridge::heart:

I reckon she could have mini foxie in her, she looks a bit like a dog I know who is JRT x mini foxie.

Could have some chihuahua.

Bit of a mix :)

Ours are mystery mutts too, we go by 'staffy mix' and 'Corgi X terrier'

although I think the rescue chipped Scrappi as 'Corgi x Maltese', no idea where the Maltese is!! Haha. 

Would be cool to get a DNA test done like the Embark one, tells you their rough 'pedigree'/family tree and also if they are affected/carriers/prone to any genetic diseases. :) 

Costs a few hundred though. 

Thank you.

Mystery Mutts are some of the best LOL.

I have BEAGLE x JRT at home, she is 2 years old and we got her very early at 5 weeks, We know the Mum was beagle but with so many terriers out here the Dad my not have been JRT.

With Gracie as time goes by it may be easier to tell what she might be crossed with, I'm In love with her ears and hope they always stay that pointy LOL.

I'm just so excited to be bringing her home tomorrow, Cant wait to watch My beagle mix (Lola) and Gracie grow together.

• Like 2

Do they always? I have seen fully-grown dogs with spectacular sets of 'oversized' ears. Would have loved to have seen them as puppies in that case. :dancingelephant:

Nine times out of ten they do grow into them. There are some breeds with huge erect ears compared with their head size (e.g. Pharaoh Hound) and the pictures of pups are stunning - you would think that they could hear a whisper on the next planet!:laugh:

• Like 1

I’m with Scrappi&Monty - for the purposes of registration I would be going with Mini Fox Terrier mix.  And also what showdog says: it is important that the dog matches the description in most people’s eyes.  Pounds and rescues can come up with some strange ideas when it comes to breeds, as can anyone.  I would not have the dominant bread as JRT on her registration.  

This is a photo of the little guy I am fostering at the moment and apart from markings, of course, is very much like your new little girl.  Stevie has little ears though and it is hard to get a pic of him with them up.

IMG_0276_zpssz1itghi.jpg

• Like 1

I’m with Scrappi&Monty - for the purposes of registration I would be going with Mini Fox Terrier mix.  And also what showdog says: it is important that the dog matches the description in most people’s eyes.  Pounds and rescues can come up with some strange ideas when it comes to breeds, as can anyone.  I would not have the dominant bread as JRT on her registration.  

This is a photo of the little guy I am fostering at the moment and apart from markings, of course, is very much like your new little girl.  Stevie has little ears though and it is hard to get a pic of him with them up.

IMG_0276_zpssz1itghi.jpg

He is adorable!  Has very similar facial markings to my beagle mix, Except my beagle mix has very big floppy ears LOL. And does very much look like the little girl we adopted!