Where to find a SWF rescue in QLD?

Quick question for my beautiful GP. They just lost their Boston recently and the chi is really struggling. Her husband has disclosed he would really like to rescue a maltese next. The groups I am familiar with do not rescue maltese so I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions? I have told her about Pet Rescue, ARQ, BFR (although I don't think they really do small fluffies) and AWL. They have always supported rescue but usually come across a dog in an unusual way, so I'd like to steer her in the right direction this time. I'd be grateful for any groups names I can pass on to her. They are based in Brisbane, would travel to the north and south coasts but I suspect she would prefer to meet and greet with their existing dog rather than source an unknown dog from interstate. She is semi-retired and hubby is already retired so there would be someone home pretty much all the time.

Thank you!

• Like 1

SWF are super popular and if impounded, are often adopted straight from the pound without rescue being needed.

Little Legs do small dogs, I just checked and they currently have Pippy who might suit?
Putting their name down with Little Legs is probably the way to go even if they don't like Pippy in particular. Pippy maltese mix in QLD

Chihuahua Rescue QLD often have other small breeds including maltese. They have a senior maltese x silky atm.

Karma's Place have a male maltese x westie atm.|

Fraser Coast Dog Rescue have a maltese x lhasa apso young male looking for a quiet home preferably with a quiet older couple. The also have a pair they want rehomed together a female maltese and her maltese cross female flatmate.

SEQ Canine Rescue have a senior male maltese cross.

There are a couple of other "bonded" pairs including maltese crosses at the moment in QLD on PetRescue.

Edited by RuralPug
fat finger typo
  • Like 2

The Animal Welfare League branches have them too.  Pounds like Logan for instance have small dogs but i think the law in QLD means they are only held for 3 days, not sure if they are still euthanasing at that stage ...

I'd also keep an eye on Gumtree too for people rehoming at this time of year as they want to go on holiday ......

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I've passed all the info on to her. I hope she finds the right dog. Unfortunately (for me) she is off on leave for a few months now so I wont get to find out for a while what happened. Claudette is a fantastic dog's name! I'll have to check her out as she sounds cute!

• 5 weeks later...

What a man! Based on posts someone has submitted an application. Good for him!

My gp is on r and r and I don't have her personal contact info so I'm hoping they will keep actively looking till they find the perfect bubba! Thank you though RP!

Edited by Little Gifts
  • Like 3