52/2018

Scottsmum

The bitey-face games are getting more full-on for the alpaca boys: so they are off for the snip this week.  Pity as they are good breeding and one of them is extra nice - but I don't want playfight to escalate into warfare in case someone gets hurt, including me. 

38/52

DSC03569A-M.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's all quiet here isn't it, spooky, where is everybody?  All of us busy coping with life: I hadn't even noticed the roses appearing til this one near the door hit me in the face.

42/52

DSC03865A-M.jpg

and driving home yesterday afternoon stopped to look at this group, there were about 30.  Bit embarrassed that the ute has a jammed side-window button, so this was through a super-dirty car window (with a touch of anti blobs and blurs magic from Photoshop).

43/52

DSC03856B-M.jpg

She's beautiful, so is the background: the feral cats ate all our wrens, I was totally devastated: and our feral/pet lambs ate all my lavender, not amused on that one either. (Only a few roses survived the lamb attacks, the yellow one isn't perfumed, old-ish though, around 20 years we're told).

Put a clutch of newly hatched chicks in the brooder today, these were incubated - not hatched under a hen.  Nice breed, Vorwerks, they are fairly new to Australia not a lot of them around yet.

44/52

i-V47rDK2-S.jpg

45/52

i-XwHd9SF-S.jpg

• Like 3

They are pretty chookies :) hope they do well for you . 
at the minute, we have wrens everywhere , so , altho we have seen the odd feral cat - perhaps bunnies are  keeping them happy ! it is so lovely having wrens around to act as pest controllers :) 
Roos have demolished my roses (oh, and a certain pet goat :( ) there are only a couple of old climbers, and a few behind bars  with any flowers.

• 2 weeks later...

Here go !! 

Summer & all that .. anyone have photos ? @PossumCorner ? @Boronia ? @grizabella ?

Today Rudolph & I found a teeny 'beach' on a nearby billabong ... being breezy- there were little whitecaps  LOL. 
It was a good spot to have breakfast ..a very necessary bit of  time-out  :) 

(click to enlarge image) 
5c03b58f1e7e6_2018-12-02008_edited_3.thumb.jpg.13faf466fdf9a81eecd95e5d64f1ef33.jpg

Don't you love how Willy Wagtails make themselves look ferocious , with 'those' brows ? 

Image may contain: bird, sky, outdoor and nature

Edited by persephone
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

We all here, just need kickstarting or rebooting or something like. 

Gorgeous wagtail, and love its perch: which for one moment I was "what the hell have you done to Rudolph??"  Been over time-outed here, hand was too iffy to use camera, stitches out now and all good, well acceptable anyway.  Some nice chicks hatching, must immortalise them here before they go from cute to ummm less than cute in the gangly awkward months. 

Your double rainbow would be hard to beat, lots of atmosphere there. 

Yes Perse, we're all here except I can't seem to get out of my own way lately; perhaps the heat.

I take the dogs walking between 5 and 6 when it's cool. I vacuumed yesterday...it was so hot, smoky and windy all the dog hair was airborne and stuck to me, I kept wiping it off my nose :laugh:

There is no motivation in this house at the moment.

I'm waaaay behind!

44/52

Boyd's birthday party. :D

31739310298_51e7c4a2cd_c.jpgBoyd by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

45/52

46105774462_dbdccff484_c.jpgZombi and Enzi by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

46/52

44339435170_7ae392cb60_c.jpgHannah by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

47/52

My friend's gorgeous new kelpie puppy, Arrow

45273129975_6aeacb6b32_c.jpgArrow by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

48/52

44368380150_d2c284b358_c.jpgKyah by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

49/52

31246427357_ae340001fa_c.jpgKyah and Arrow by Amy Atherton, on Flickr

• Like 2

Kia ora! 

I'm alive! Hubby is away and I'm solo-mumming and back at work 3 days a week. I barely have time to scratch, let alone take happy snaps! :laugh:

But seeing as its my thread I'll see if I can maybe catch up. Maybe one per fortnight or something.

• Like 2