Where do you buy your Protexin?

westiemum

Hi All,

Hope this is an easy one - where do you buy your Protexin from?  I need a new supplier. 

I've been using a Qld supplier for some time who up until now has been very good.  However the last lot of Protexin which arrived yesterday was open (the serrated teeth thing which breaks apart when you open it was already open) and it went everywhere when I opened the box which was jam packed (two packets of 4 cyte as well).  Its also a funny greyish colour - not the white powder I remember. 

Anyway, long story short  I wrote a nice email explaining what had happened and asking for a new one, which has never been a problem with other suppliers of damaged goods in the past.  Upshot is they've dealt with it badly and are not prepared to help me as I didn't take insurance (have never needed it for plastic non-breakables in the past)  and they accused me of accusing them of tampering with it!  Which is just bizarre! How they got that from my polite email I'll never know! 

So I need to find a new Protexin supplier and buy again. :(

Any suggestions of where to go that doesn't cost the earth?

Thanks all.  

Edited by westiemum
  • Sad 2

58 minutes ago, The Spotted Devil said:

Vet-n-pet-direct

They have other decent brand options too. 

Are there other brands you would recommend Spotty?  I have been using Protexin for some years so its probably time to see what other general probiotics are around?  TIA. :)  

• Like 1

On 17/01/2018 at 12:28 AM, westiemum said:

Are there other brands you would recommend Spotty?  I have been using Protexin for some years so its probably time to see what other general probiotics are around?  TIA. :)  

So hard with all the choice out there! I’m using Blackmores Paw Digesticare (???) at the moment. I think I will find a couple I like and rotate them. Again from Vet n Pet. On the advice of a top US performance vet I am now adding a probiotic plus EFAs plus 4-cyte (joint care) to every meal. 

• Like 1

Thanks Spotty - I already use 4 cyte for both westies - and I have some Omega oil which I'd forgotten about but can start using. I'll have a look for the Blackmores Probiotic - I really like Blackmores as a brand generally - usually high quality stuff I find. 

I find I need to be careful of Sarah's tummy though - it seems to get upset very easily - and then she gets the runs.  So I'll take it quietly. :)

I've used the digesticare with Max and it seemed to do the job well. He had his anal glands removed last year and then not that long after he had a grass seed in his ear so after about 2 months straight on antibiotics he definitely needed probiotics! After finishing the jar of the blackmores he's had the k9 naturals freeze dried green tripe in his dinner which he loves and is keeping his belly sound (he likes to find dead rats/possums etc to nom on). He also has the natural animal solutions omega oil with vitamin e in his dinner along with an emptied tablet of the blackmores osteocare green lip mussel caplets (he's almost 11, mini schnauzer). So I can vouch for the blackmores! 

• Like 1

Thanks MM - thats a good recommendation - and its good to know people like Blackmores Pet stuff - its easily obtainable and usually well priced.   I've already ordered more Protexin through Country Vet in Bendigo but will review my guys supplements in view of everyones recommendations.  Yes they do like to chow down on dead stuff - and the smellier the better!   

• Like 1

Thanks all for your recommendations and advice - really helpful as usual.  The real depth and strength of a company is how they deal with complaints as occasionally things do go wrong - and sadly this company only does well as long as things go well.  For me they have fallen down badly in what was a a relatively simple customer service issue. Companies who treat their customers like this and operate online don't serve our support IMO.  So beware.  

On 1/16/2018 at 11:28 PM, The Spotted Devil said:

Vet-n-pet-direct

They have other decent brand options too. 

I was going to mention this org as well because they pop up in my emails from time to time.  They have free shipping at the moment.    

Dreadful response from your original supplier, @westiemum.  Unfortunately seems the trend.   :mad  :mad  :mad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Spotted Devil said:

They are great DDD - I do shop around for price on worm/flea products but happily buy many things there. Yes! Free shipping today only. And they give you $ off when you earn enough points. 

Oh thanks, TSD.  I’ve only ever bought syringes for feeding from them, but will look more closely at their goodies.  

• Like 1

And just to show I'm actually not losing my tiny mind. 

I just opened the new tub of Protexin - and its white. 

While the photo isn't perfect, I wasn't imaging it when I thought the other earlier one looked a strange greyish colour.    Here they are in the same light : The first problem tub is on the right.  The one I opened and will keep this afternoon is on the left with the yellow spoon poking out.   I remember the powder being white, not greyish.  I have no idea why there is such a variation in colour but I'm not prepared to risk it. 

DD suggested I return the earlier greyish one to the problem supplier and I think I will.  I know they won't do a refund - but at least I've done all I can to stop this happening to anyone else.   

Take note Protexin users!  :)

IMG_3076.thumb.jpg.9c2989aaac5a892c6c161c1031537302.jpg