Great home available for girl poodle

westiemum

1 hour ago, jemappelle said:

That's how I got my black and tan girl.  The breeder was going to keep her as she has a beautiful, soft temperament but when she found out what a good life she would have with me, she changed her mind.  Lucky me!

All 4 Tibbie girls I've had were from registered breeders who wanted to retire them to a good pet home.  Our neighbours presently own a magnificent Tibbie  boy who came to them likewise.

On 24/11/2020 at 8:57 PM, moosmum said:

Yes. I can understand  breed  being open to interpretation, and that a Pedigree is just known parentage.

But there is really only one meaning for 'pure'. 

Purity just doesn't apply for recognition as a breed out side of ANKC and other closed registries. 

And I would not like to see its use encouraged when its a dead end concept biologically, where diversity = responsibility.

Purity is the antithesis of diversity.

Actually many "breed" societies embrace "grading up" to "purebred" status.   the only ones that dont are the Arabian Horse Society and the ANKC's come to think of it.  although the ANKC's do embrace grading up occasionally, dont forget the opening of the stud book for stumpy tailed cattledogs.

I expect many "breeds" will be needing to do this in the future if they are to survive

On 29/12/2020 at 7:27 AM, asal said:

Actually many "breed" societies embrace "grading up" to "purebred" status.   the only ones that dont are the Arabian Horse Society and the ANKC's come to think of it.  although the ANKC's do embrace grading up occasionally, dont forget the opening of the stud book for stumpy tailed cattledogs.

I expect many "breeds" will be needing to do this in the future if they are to survive

Agreed. 

I mean that 'breed' status should be enough. Pure breed  applies to closed registries only and shouldn't be the goal/end.

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, westiemum said:

Thanks B - but she's absolutely adamant that she wants a black girl... sigh...

Well that's just silly but then again I have friends that always adopt girl dogs, they think boy dogs are a disgusting  but they crack me up with their boy-stuff (especially their back feet scrape antics after a wee or poo :laugh: )

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Boronia said:

Well that's just silly but then again I have friends that always adopt girl dogs, they think boy dogs are a disgusting  but they crack me up with their boy-stuff (especially their back feet scrape antics after a wee or poo :laugh: )

I used to walk a JRT who would gain such momentum when scuffing his back legs that he bounced practically up to waist height. :laugh:

• Haha 2

On 23/01/2021 at 2:08 PM, Boronia said:

Yep agreed. Iadore my cruisey smoochy boys - but she's adamant that it has to be a black girl.  She'll be waiting a long time I think.

• Like 1