Rehoming and saving Freya the rottweiler.

13 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

The poster has deleted alot on Facebook not the sharpest tool in the shed ,there  where comments on the post on FB about how could you put a declared dangerous dog in with another dog.
(1) Pets Wonderland | Gold Coast QLD | Facebook
Is the doggy daycare that accepted a declared Dangerous dog 

Most of those videos are very scary, especially the reactive dog ones. Rottweilers hiding under the trampoline are not comfortable. And hitting away an over excited Border Collie is not proper human intervention :banghead:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, grumpette said:

Most of those videos are very scary, especially the reactive dog ones. Rottweilers hiding under the trampoline are not comfortable. And hitting away an over excited Border Collie is not proper human intervention :banghead:

People and dogs being harmed by ignorance and hubris.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Dogsfevr said:

The poster has deleted alot on Facebook not the sharpest tool in the shed ,there  where comments on the post on FB about how could you put a declared dangerous dog in with another dog.
(1) Pets Wonderland | Gold Coast QLD | Facebook
Is the doggy daycare that accepted a declared Dangerous dog 

https://www.facebook.com/kt.stamp/posts/pfbid0zqX1oUjadZv5rw7ZncNu4azaxvkpJqcChGQmfX7eCcuiuXzz6ekvAwTxXDvLgrjel

• Sad 5

That’s definitely more than just a bite on the face, that’s a hold. That poor pup possibly would be affected by it for life. 

I really dislike doggy daycares. There are more and more popping up and their websites read like they are a wonderful safe happy place for your dog to burn energy so when you get home from work they will be tired and sleep. There are photos of doggies, usually not video which could show a more realistic picture of any dogs being uncomfortable. 

It’s tempting but it’s marketing. They claim it’s safe but there’s simply no way they can know that for sure or make it safe completely. No amount of how many staff at any given time in the daycare watching every move and knowing dog body language to stop anything before it happens can be fulfilled completely. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Powerlegs said:

Jeebus! That is a very nasty wound indeed. I've had 2 adult dogs literally fighting to kill each other (intervention was made), and the worst wounds they inflicted on each other weren't as nasty as the one in that post.... and both dogs spent 2 days in the vet hospital to be patched up. I knew that from that day on, the 2 dogs in question could NEVER run together again.

Any dog that will inflict that level of damage on another should NOT be a regular doggy daycare participant...

T.

• Like 1

On 06/04/2023 at 7:45 PM, Loving my Oldies said:

There seems (or seemed now that a lot has been deleted or changed) conflicting information.  Apparently Freya bit the child about two weeks ago, but in another place he said he had had her for about a month.  So maybe he had worked his magic (yeah right), sent her back home and family found it was all smoke and mirrors.   

That's how I read his initial post - she'd already been declared (so a previous incident), went to him and had some magic worked, went home and there was a new incident involving their child and she came back to him and now he was putting feelers out about rehoming rather than euthanising. 

• Sad 1