Mollys Glen Innes camping trip

Kazm

Well dolers, we have just arrived back from Glen Innes this afternoon. Arrived there on Friday. We camped on a relatives friends property. He is 84 years old and runs sheep and cattle. It was the first time we have met him and my gosh he doesn’t look that old. Still shears all his own sheep and maintains his 1100 acre property. He is a really nice old man. 
The weather was very chilly. Obviously a cold front moved through over the weekend. Great time to go. Haha. But we love the cold, just as well. Sunday was the “worst”. The wind was terrible. Huge wind gusts that were really quite uncomfortable but we were ok. And despite it being freezing, inside our camper was beautiful. We have a diesel heater and it works great. This morning we woke to a slight frost and the car and camper had a lot of ice over them. The wind had gone and it was a beautiful morning.

Molly seemed so happy. It’s been over 12 months since we last camped and it was awesome to see my little girl running around so freely sniffing all the sniffs she could. And was so well behaved. Met lots of new people and instantly became their friends and won their hearts too I think. She was quite fine with the cold weather. She does hate wearing her coat but I think she realised it was on for a very good reason. 
Such a shame to be back, we could easily have stayed out travelling but…. It truly is a beautiful part of the country and we hope to be out and about very soon again. 
Just a few pics…….

1DBCA314-E324-4E43-AA76-62518E26E084.jpeg

E9F2C2F6-3920-4FCD-B00D-4C89BFEDFFF2.jpeg

78E24D36-57DC-495A-A539-FBD546DDA89F.jpeg

12F0C16F-6532-490B-A3FB-3EE809379EDD.jpeg

612F467F-247C-483B-8C74-08D00ACE0676.jpeg

6EEBA5F3-4503-4058-8E2C-CC9B1A777438.jpeg

FEA91975-4F7A-4695-9B9A-14A741DE27A6.jpeg

6E3094BD-E01A-48EB-9B35-001C9C29A722.jpeg

Edited by Kazm
  • Like 5

Bit cold...but I am so glad to see that you got right away , and enjoyed the van and meeting that gentleman :)
LOVELY to see Molly living her best life - enjoying the open spaces and a bit of luxury :)
Thank you for posting!!  :love: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Deeds said:

I'm a Schnauzer person as well.  Molly looks lovely.

I didn’t realise you were. Haha. Thanks for commenting on Molly. She’s actually quite scruffy at the moment but I wasn’t grooming her before we went knowing it’d be chilly. She did have a bath and brush before leaving home but naturally 5 minutes after arriving that all goes out the window. Must have a good roll in the grass and dirt. Haha. 

9 hours ago, Loving my Oldies said:

Those photos are very special :heart:  :heart: .   Too cold for me LOL.   

I love taking photos and they definitely are special. I took so many. The ones posted here aren’t the greatest as I used only my iPad as I’ve never figured out how to get them off the camera onto this site. Maybe I should give it a go again. 
While the wind was so gusty, up to 45k an hour, apparently, it was almost too cold for us too. Haha. But we were well prepared with jackets, gloves, beanies etc. All gear we never get to wear in Qld. Haha. 

11 hours ago, persephone said:

Bit cold...but I am so glad to see that you got right away , and enjoyed the van and meeting that gentleman :)
LOVELY to see Molly living her best life - enjoying the open spaces and a bit of luxury :)
Thank you for posting!!  :love: 

That gentleman was a great guy to talk too. And today’s generation would do well to meet people like him. City folk are way to soft. Such an inspiration to see him still riding the motorbikes around herding his cattle etc. He lives in town but travels the half hour to the property each day. His sister also has a property nearby which he lends a hand on as well. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deeds said:

@Kazm I only have Giants plus a BRT.  On my 9th Giant over a 32 year period.  We usually have 2 or 3 Giants together.  

Beautiful dogs, the giants. An acquaintance of mine had a couple a few years ago that we were privileged to meet. The size of them is amazing. Very strong too. I recall trying to play tug of war with them. That didn’t go in my favour. Haha. 

• Like 1

Oh yes, it was cold over the weekend!  I spent Thursday night in Uralls - such a beautiful town - and woke to 3 degrees on Friday morning.  Yesterday my friend at Red Range near Glen Innes posted that the morning temp feels like was -16!  

It looks like you had a great weekend and your camper looks very cosy.  Is it a slide-on?

Jemappelle it looks like you’re having a nice time away. Saw your pics in the other thread.

No, our camper is a hybrid. No slide on. Just gets towed behind us. Sleeping, toilet, and small lounge inside and all the cooking, fridge and storage on the outside. 
This photo was taken on a previous trip. We have the wind out awning and the rear of the top pops up. This is where the toilet and cupboards and bench are inside.The bed is at the front where the roof stays down. It probably seems odd and is hard to explain but there is plenty of room and head space in it. As you could see from the door. It’s normal size. The part that pops up has windows in it and it lets in a lot of light. At the front is a slide out fridge, then a storage box and then the kitchen which slides out and turns so it’s parallel to the van. Above the storage box where my hubby is standing is a pantry. Big enough to hold lots of food. Overall it’s 16ft.At the rear where you can see blue canvas, that’s our ensuite. It folds up behind a pod that closes down on the rear. Works extremely well. I love it.
53149172-3A1C-4F04-815E-4E19E26E8257.thumb.jpeg.0a10c702b747a46f28b96c7e67ceca08.jpeg

D29BACB4-6D14-46C0-9CAC-31798603020B.thumb.jpeg.3837b8116fe53a105b3bdf12e5db3bcf.jpeg

Closed up for travelling

Edited by Kazm
  • Like 1