Update: Vet Condemns Couples Outrage Over $37,000 Vet Bill

Deeds

On 22/05/2023 at 10:55 AM, coneye said:

Vets should of warned them  how much its going to be , i'm afrais i just don't feel sorry for the vet , 37 grand thats a lot of money  ,

"SVES did provide a statement toA Current Affairdefending the bill, saying the client was aware and consented to the cost for the “unique and critical case” prior to treatment and after choosing between “alternative treatment options”

“The client also obtained a second opinion with an independent 3rd party about the proposed treatment and costs prior to consenting to the cost of the surgery,” the clinic’s statement read."

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Deeds said:

To shame the clinic into accepting the $29,000 instead of paying in full?  

I think so too, along with enjoying the attention. If the vet kept them informed all along the way on what the options and costs were it’s pretty crappy behaviour to try and embarrass them later into discounting the price. If they hadn’t been informed it’s a different story. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Diva said:

I think so too, along with enjoying the attention. If the vet kept them informed all along the way on what the options and costs were it’s pretty crappy behaviour to try and embarrass them later into discounting the price. If they hadn’t been informed it’s a different story. 

lost me when the poor darling had to sell some of her handbags to cover the cost. like are u for real??????

• Like 2
  • Sad 1