Agility - but not as we know it

Don is 10 - and pretty sensible . he does LOVE trying to dig rabbits out of burrows - but is basically settled. 
yesterday morning he treed a feral cat , and then proceeded to climb the tree! Don is not little, and not athletic like most of our Koolies . One of his grandfathers was a lab, so he is solid. 
The tree concerned is a very old, large and gnarled peppertree - with big thick branches of all shapes under a canopy of foliage .
It is a bit like a spiral staircase ....and after Don clambered up the trunk to where branches started he then climbed 10-12 feet up ! I didn't call him as he was climbing for fear of him losing concentration - instead I marvelled at just how well he was doing! 
When he couldn't go any further I suggested he come back down - all the time worried that he might just jump and break something , but he wound his way around the trunk again and landed safely. :)
Mild heart attack time ! LOL 

• Like 9

My little heart attack this morning was walking into the back yard and seeing Rose in a perfect sit! 10 out of 10. Had her 5 months now and never seen her sit. But she was soaking up the rays. Rose is nearly 7 and sitting isn't the easiest thing for a Greyhound but she had nailed it. But for one second I thought OMG what has she done to herself :laugh:

We can take the competition world by storm Perse

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Smart Don has the age and experience in life to know that making his way back down the way he went up was the safest way... a younger dog might well have jumped down and hurt themselves...

Is Don... is good boy!

T.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tdierikx said:

Smart Don has the age and experience in life to know that making his way back down the way he went up was the safest way... a younger dog might well have jumped down and hurt themselves...

Is Don... is good boy!

T.

You're Right I think - once I thought he was considering jumping, but thought a bit about it and went the safer way :)

• Like 2