Help - Pup Ate My Contraceptive Pill!

spike's mum

I need some advice! I have woken up this morning to find that Penny, our 5 month old beagle, has managed to knock my pill packet off our bathroom shelf and devour the contents. Fortunately it contained only 4 active pills and 7 sugar pills, but nevertheless she has eaten the lot.

Any advice on whether this is harmless or is likely to be a problem? Our vet does not open on Sundays, but am happy to take her elsewhere if it is likely to be an issue.

I can't believe she's done it - my partner reckons she must have heard our conversations about desexing her next month :(

Argh, it's really not funny - I am worried about her. Any advice :o

I really don't know that it will have much of an effect on your dog, if any. It's only got hormones in them. Still, if you're worried you could always call another vet and ask them.

Inducing vomitting with Hydrogen Peroxide? I haven't heard that one, I've always been told pour salt down their throats :o

Thanks heaps for all the replies guys, she seems to be fine!

We ended up calling the vet and they said it should be no problem, just to keep an eye on her.

Guess I have learnt my lesson to keep those sort of things well out of reach. It just seems everytime you think you have found their physical limits for climbing and foraging, they raise the bar!! Gotta love em!!

Cheers!!