Oliver Is Sick (now Is Fine

KOE

While we were on holidays my son bought home a puppy from the pound, he rang the day before we came home to say the puppy was being sick and did not want to eat but was drinking. The next day we came home and the little fellow was eating and drinking a little bit and appeared happy but wormy, I went to the vet and got worming stuff for him and wormed him. The next morning he did not eat his breakfast and looked very unhappy and was lying on his bed.

I went shopping and when I came home all I could smell wass the stench that only parvo gives out and he appeared to be dehydrated, I took him straight to the vet and he was PTS as were 3 from the same litter the day previous. I have totally bleached my yard patios and house. Now Oliver has had 2 big vomits in the past hour but is drinking water. I am wondering if he ate too much and it has been very hot here today, if he is off in the morning he will be going straight to the vet, I am wondering if he can get parvo as he is only 16 months. I know Elka could be at risk as she is under 12 months but can older vaccinated dogs get it.

Edited by isaviz

Oh boy.. how distressing for you. My Darcy did this.and had the trots too . three days on a drip and he was fine. In the meantime I ate my finger nails to the bone. :p

Please let us know how Oliver is getting on. :p I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

Bloody Parvo.. :laugh: :p

Edited by poodlefan

Just been to the vet, he thinks he just has a gastro thing he is not dehydrated, temp is now normal and he gave him maxalon, he is not allowed to have any tea and only 1 cup of water every couple of hours, and if he is puking again tonight I am to go straight there. Poor Oliver is asleep now under the aircon. Elka and Kim are fine and there are no runny poos anywhere to be seen. (Elka managed to pull all the washing off the line so she is OK.

Wonder if I am a panic merchant but better to be safe then sorry I suppose.