Minty Is Sick - At Vets On Drip

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the delay in updating, Minty is still at the vets, shes been having fluids since yesterday morning, and they rang me at 10 today to say shes eaten something and was brighter.

The vet had done an ultrasound on her tummy, but couldnt find anything abnormal.

Just rang the vets now (3.30pm) and Minty is feeling lots better, so I can pick her up at 5.30 - 6pm. :hug:

Shes coming home on antiobiotics. Didnt speak to the vet, but I will when I go to pick her up, the receptionist said it was a gastric bug. ;)

I will be so glad to get her home and smooch her up again, besides she has a few chrissie pressies to open (so do the other 2 and the cats) on Sunday. :cheer:

Thanks for all the well wishes for Minty, it must have helped. :clap:

Another update, Minty is home. ;)

My son picked her up from the vets (he had borrowed my car for work today) and when he brought her in, she was leaping and smooching and running around like crazy. :hug:

Couldnt believe it was the same puppy that I left at the vets, she has loads more energy and has been scruffing everything and anything that moves, even chewing the kitchen table legs. :rofl:

Hairy and Charlie are so pleased to have her home, they have been kissing her all over (after I did of course) :cheer:

Shes on Clavulox for the next 5 days, plus a bland diet, the blood tests revealed gastro. I wonder how pups/dogs get gastro? :clap:

I cleaned & disinfected absolutely everything while she was at the vets, the house has never been cleaner, the poor mop is worn out, and all her bedding was washed and left out in the sun. I think I got a bit paranoid. :rofl:

Anyway, she was starving when she got home, looking at the fridge and woofing, so she had a small meal of boiled rice mixed with a tiny bit of optimum tin food.

I will give her another small meal tonight if shes still hungry.

Any other suggestions for the bland diet? She gave me the strangest look when I put the rice in her bowl, as if to say "You must be joking" :cheer:

Thanks again everyone for your concern and messages, it sure did help. Must admit I shed a :cheer: when I saw her again and got the biggest puppy kiss and waggiest tail ever. :rofl:

Nothing worse than coming onto these threads and reading all the way through worrying before you hear the good news at the end.... Phew - so glad she is okay.

Agreed!

So glad to read that little Minty's okay. Hope she stays that way! :clap:

I would be very hesitant at this time of the year feeding fresh chicken mince, as you have found out Miny had a gastric bug, which they can pick up just as easily as we can from food which hasnt been refreigerated properly. (I'm not syaing your but possible where you bought it)

For a bland diet you can use plain cottage cheese and rice, or a little fish which you can cook in the microwave in a little water, keep her on this for two days, and remember to feed her a small amount every four hours.

www.specialfriendsdogcare.com.au

:D im SO happy to see lil Minty is home and well. :rofl:

When Jinta was a pup she had a bout of gastro( although not as badly as minty) and vets advise for food was small meals of chicken and rice about 4 times a day. They get used to it, i will still feed jinta chicken and rice if shes not well, its her comfort food. :(

I recall getting up at 6am and boiling rice and chicken, and feeding Jinta... :rofl: bf laughed so hard, because theres no way id be up at 6am for ANYONE else!! princess Jinta had me wrapped around her pinky from day 1. :rofl:

YAY Minty. :p