Lure Coursing At Kcc?

ish

Hey Jeff, can our lure machine be modified so we can attach soft toys also? My Heidi saw no purpose in chasing a plastic bag but I reckon her soft toy duckie would be too tempting to resist!

A BBQ sounds great! We could spent day one constructing, checking & testing the unit followed by the traditional celebration of fire & water (that's chinese for BBQ & drinks!) On day two we could nurse dizzy hangovers whilst watching our dogs put the unit to the test!!

When, Where, Who??? Huh, Huh?? :love::laugh::cry: :D :love:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics Nat. I had a quick look at them tonight and will look at them better later. They are all excellent. I wish I could take photos like you.

I'm out of Nat's level of action photo shots, so I took a few sidelines pictures. I have one of Indy (I think, maybe Chili) greeting another dog, Tohko, Tohko greeting Clover (I think), Iko, and Jyra resting.

My internet connection has been DEAD slow this weekend. It takes 5 minutes to load up just one page. If this doesn't improve, I doubt I'll be uploading any photos. But if our speed picks up I'll put the photos up.

Did anyone see Jyra go for a slide on one run? It was rather interesting to watch, but I hope that she hasn't done any damage to her shoulder by that. She seems to be fine by all accounts.

Someone mentioned that the fishing wire broke...that was Jyra! Well it broke on her turn when I released her and she bolted out.

I think it would be really good if someone made up a lure coursing rig that we could use when the RR club is not running it. I live in a regular suburban house, we have a decent back yard, but not big enough to set up a lure course unfortunately, so we can't have it at my house! (Though Jyra would like that!)

Guest cloverfdch

Great photos as always Nat :laugh:. I love the ones of my Elvis, and he actually ran :love:.

I have about 400 photos to go through from this weekend so i will get them up tomorrow sometime :love:.

looks like you all had a great day...

iirc the next one is the 12th(?) of feb...

i'd like to come along and try Keish with it... but i dunno if we'd be allowed as she isnt the friendliest of dogs...

i take it the area they run is completely enclosed, with no humans in it??

if someone could let us know whether we'd be welcome or not it'd be great - i've got no qualms if they dont want human-aggressive dogs there, but if they dont mind i'd love to come down and give it a go, if i can get the day off work...

if someone could let us know whether we'd be welcome or not it'd be great - .

The area is safely enclosed by a cyclone-wire fence and gates. But there are usually between one and three of the organisers standing at the control box (shown in the photos). They are definitely people and would not wish to be at risk of being attacked.

But send the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club an email about your dog and your concerns, that would be best, as we cannot speak for their event.

Maybe you could offer to run Keish in a muzzle just til her reaction to it all can be assessed to minimise any risk.

It would be so much fun for her if you could give her a run - and just pop her scarf on so we know to give her space. Secretary's email is:

lurecoursing@rrcv dot org dot au (without spaces, and just dots for "dot" ).

I just wanted to say too that I think PJ did a really good job of handling Jyra yesterday - and thankyou for being mindful of where Chili was. I think Jyra behaved the best I've seen her yesterday and was really impressed how she seemed to be relaxed while being close to other dogs. Good job PJ, your work with her must be paying off.

I agree. That's the best I've seen Jyra.

I'm glad people like the photos - it's pretty hard at kcc as the sun is always facing you directly.

Nat

Had a fun day as well even though the sun burnt right through my coating of 30+ SPF :love:. We got there just before 4pm and could only buy one ticket - would have been a good hour-and-a-half before we went on if it weren't for the lovely Clover and her friend who did a swap with us :laugh:.

Got to meet some DOLers and their gorgeous dogs - woohoo!

The sausage monsters had fun though Shane had to gallop around with them to keep them going. Schnaggles had a slight limp afterwards so we had to bundle them in the car and take them home. He's all good now so maybe it was just jarring from the firm surface as I couldn't find anything stuck in his paws.

My folks live in Baxter and their small front paddock would be ideal for this sort of thing *takes mental notes of Graham's technical specs* :love:.

Didn't get many good pics but will try to salvage a few for the photo thread.

I got sunburnt too, and I was only there for an hour and half. :D

Sorry I had to rush off everyone. I only just made it to the pub (er, the Baxter actually ICM :mad ) in time for a friends birthday dinner.

Great to catch up once again with some of the *cough* 'old' faces of DOL :love: and sorry I didnt get to stay and see everyone have their runs. :cry:

Banjo had a ball as usual. Not sure which bit he likes best, chasing the lure or kissing everyone (dogs and people) while waiting outside. :laugh: Thanks Ishy for the puppy breath hit, *sigh*, you must have forgotten my address to drop them off as you went by? :cry:

Nattles, fantastic photo's, as always. Geez you are good with that thing girl! :love:

SO how did frodo go PC?

Good thanks, he enjoyed. Rheneas couldn't have cared less, there was a good smell on the ground near the start that caught a few dogs' attention, he was focussed on staying there. Showed excellent focus, little wozzit!! Frodo and Piper had some good runs though. Bodie was keen, he was really motoring.

Guest cloverfdch

Ok i finally have a few pics to add, i kept them at a pretty low quality so i would not have to upload them :thumbsup:.

Buffy and Schnaggles :laugh:.

post-9-1137414319.jpg

LOL it is 12:55 and i finally get to load some pics!!!!

Kira in the front seat on the way home

kirasquish.jpg

sparty & Bodie in the back seat

spartbodie.jpg

kyle with Bodie on his lap sparty at his feet

kylebodie.jpg

an unhappy sister crawling with tollers

sarnie.jpg

yeah she is still chesed off a happy little vegimite!!!

boxer babies

boxers.jpg

Demi (i think)

demi.jpg

Demi pedro rus and teela LOL dunno why shinji even tried to bring his camera in i doubt he got any pics hehehe

group.jpg

not thier best angle

post-9-1137445144.jpg

I just wanted to say too that I think PJ did a really good job of handling Jyra yesterday - and thankyou for being mindful of where Chili was. I think Jyra behaved the best I've seen her yesterday and was really impressed how she seemed to be relaxed while being close to other dogs. Good job PJ, your work with her must be paying off.
I agree. That's the best I've seen Jyra.

Thankyou. Also thank you to SP, who commented on the day. The GL really helps me not to get dragged by Jyra. I tried her on the martingale seeing as she had been good and quickly changed back to the GL after a few minutes (chasing the lure from the sidelines).

Yes, Jyra did not too bad. Although I didn't let Jyra say hello to the puppies (wouldn't want to risk it), she was very good with them - in proximity, but not pulling toward them to sniff them, which was good, because she knows GSDs and wants to pull toward any GSD she sees, including puppies.

She was her usual way with Max and Lacey, sniffed and ignored them. Was fine with Nekhbet's malinois, but didn't let them interact for too long which was probably a good thing. And she met Clover also for the first time again it was only a short interaction and Jyra's hackles went up towards the end of it, thus we decided that was long enough. Other than the hackles, there was no aggression shown to Clover. She didn't like Indy though.

For the most part, I think Jyra was too distracted by the lure, to be bothered with other dogs anyway. So she'd be close to them, but her attention was on the lure, so she wasn't upset by them.

Ok, now for pictures:

Here is Indy saying hello to ?

Gotta love the doggie body language in this picture!

Rimg1647.jpg

Edited by Purple Julie