Lure Coursing At Kcc?

ish

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nekhbet and others, I'll be like you - I'll have an unruly, terribly behaved GSD with me.

Dad's coming with me to give me a break from handling Jyra. That might even free me up to come and chat to people without worrying about the dogs being near each other.

ISH, I will definately keep away from Chili, don't worry. But do keep your eye out for us, if we need to get past you, with so many dogs around, if I give Chili a wide berth, that will possibly mean getting near another dog, which I'd also want to avoid. I'll do my best to keep our distance though, and inform my Dad also.

You won't see me there, I am having a wonderfully lazy weekend (might do some bird photos today though :) ).

PossumCorner (and no doubt her partner) will be there hopefully taking lots of fabby piccies - they do some great action shots!

Yeh, someone pleeease put up some photos. I had enough to do handling my 2 without trying to take pikkies!

We had a complete turnaround at our camp. My gun-ho dog was totally disinterested in the bag and just loped around the pen. If they'd let me tie some fur to that bag maybe she would have been interested. :laugh: My little tacker who I only ran at the urging of Hedds (Thanks!) put the other to shame and raced around soooo focused on the bag, Couldn't wait to have another go.

And what about the little terriers (Sorry, the breed slips my mind). Did anyone else see the randy one who decided humping was better than coursing! :love::love: :D :cry:

Gotta see some photos......

Sam

come on with the pics just quickly popped on to see if anyone took some.... ... come on come on u know how impatient we all are nat?? shinji???? anne??? of course i forgot my camera... for the 3rd dol outing i forgot cant beloive it... but i was escaping the house from screaming 6 year old child and in a bit of a rush... well dodge got it for half the run then he lost it and realised that there were people looking on at the fence so decided to go check them out instead..lol was a nice day tho..

G'day

Sirius loved the social life but was absolutely useless at the lure coursing bit. She seemed to be more fussed about reading who had visited the paddockrecently.

Good think that lovely Basenji was there to give her a run around on the second try. Sirius chased him rather than the plasic bag.

Mighht try teasing her with a ball in a plastic bag to chase around the local park before we try again.

Wasn't it a beaut day. Lovely to see such a happy bunch of dogs (and owners)

Cheers

Graham

Twas fun by all

cranky bum decided not to like other dogs at about 5pm so tried to bite that poor little basenji's head off :love: whoops ... methinks the heat got to her

She got it first go though :laugh: mummys proud! Made it seem so effortless ... second go she just peered down the pipe like 'why arent you coming back out little flappy thing' :love:

hope someone got a malinois photo

I think I got some of your mal, Nekhbet.

Everyone else - I'm uploading the ones I got slowly and will link to it. I didn't see CF or lablover though so don't have any of yours sorry.

PC was also taking pix, so maybe they will have some.

Ta :laugh:

Nat

Whilst we're still waiting for the pic's, could some seasoned courser please explain how they worked out who's next to run cause I'm really confused after today. I was only allowed to buy one ticket at a time. When it was next my turn (at least in respect to ticket number) I had to wait while 2 lots of dogs were allowed to run. It was explained to me the it was the Ridgebacks' club & therefore they were allowed to run, or something like that. I suppose that's fair enough.

What confused me was that after I managed to get a 2nd ticket and patiently wait my turn, I saw a pair with ridgebacks run their dogs three times within about 25 mins. I also overheard another couple saying they finally were able to get one run.

Don't get me wrong I'm not having a go at anyone but I cant figure out how the system works as many people seemed to miss out whilst others got numerous runs. :love::laugh::love:

FS - I think the ridgebacks run whenever they want. It appeared they were there before lure coursing started, and then they opened up tickets for the public. As it's their club, they get priority.

Tickets run out very fast. I got there just as she started selling and it was two tickets per dog, which then went down to one ticket per dog. This is probably because a few times ago, people bought up 5/6 goes each and people only got their FIRST turn hours into the day.

Nat

Nat is right FS. I think they are just trying to get it right now more and more of 'us' are turning up. A few times ago, ridgey people were waiting like the rest of us, for over 2 hours, for one run, when its their club day. Today when she started selling tickets, there werent that many people there, so she let people have 2 each. Last time I got one ticket, went back later to be told no more were being sold as the tickets they had sold would already make them run overtime.

We are lucky the club lets the 'general public' run their dogs at all. They are always really lovely people, and I wouldnt want that ticket selling job for quids. :laugh:

you know what this means ... time to DIY a lure coarsing machine!!!

woot ... now anyone know where to get an old engine from? maybe we can make a hand turned one, that would be easy. Then get together for a bbq and a full day of mad running about :laugh:

Ah Nekhbet, you pressed your reply button a fraction before me!

I wrote: Hedds, your right about the job. Bit like being a tax-collector.

So guys, what would it take to have an independant lure-coursing set up?

The ridgy's might appreciate a second course being available, too.

Could that penned area be used? Alternate fortnights to the Ridgy's club day. What would be the legal requirements, etc? May as well have a brainstorm.

Sam

Editted cause I missed a bit!

Edited by FeralSam