Lure Coursing At Kcc?

ish

Did a quick search, but I can't find the dates?

If its the 15th and I can get it off work, I will bring Indi and Chili for a run and possibly the pups if I can squeeze them in, just to bite everyones ankles :happydance: Who else is going?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there withh both dogs ,,, see if lacey can keep up with max ,,, might be interesting

but wil have to leave early because I will have to go to work ,,,,,,, bummer

yes its sunday the 15th from 4pm to 7 pm

Edited by jeff

Oh great - in the evening, thats good for the hot days we've been having.

Do you think they'd do a baby puppy fun run for Checa and Desmo? That would be so cute!

Edited by ImaShepHead

Did a quick search, but I can't find the dates?

If its the 15th and I can get it off work, I will bring Indi and Chili for a run and possibly the pups if I can squeeze them in, just to bite everyones ankles :happydance: Who else is going?

yesss ish bringt he pups bring the pups.... i promise ill look after them...

I'm going.

Trisven, lure coursing is open to all breeds. It is at KCC park in Melbourne on 15 Jan as mentioned above. I'm not quite sure what suburb it is in. I think it is beyond Dandenong, but not as far as Frankston. I just know what roads to take to get there!

Obedience isn't really a requirement, so long as you have your dog under control when it isn't in the field.

Age, I would say, not too young and not too old. Actually, I think ISH was talking about running her puppies. I imagine if you have a young or old dog, you would want the speed a bit less so that you don't damage the young/old bones/muscles.

Age, I would say, not too young and not too old. Actually, I think ISH was talking about running her puppies.

When I say "running the puppies" all I mean is I wonder if they'll let the pups have a little look at the bag flapping around - I don't mean give them a gallop around the course, they'll only be 10 weeks old! :rofl:

101_4869.jpg

I'll ask tomorrow about having the day off work, keep your fingers crossed for me!

ha har I may have to finally come down ... 15th eh ...

If anyone down Hoppers/Werribee needs a lift I can oblige as I have a station wagon, even if its just coming along for a look for next time. I have a cargo barrier but no crate so if you have one we can squeeze it in the back.

Jules

....  Also where is this on?

Trish

Trish here is a little more detail of where the Rhodesian Ridgeback Club are running the open lurecoursing that we can all have a go at. Hope you can make it on the 15th. Might cost $6.50 for insurance if you don't have Obed Club membership card.

The entrance to KCC park is on melways 128 J12. Follow the entrance road to the gravel area on the south side of the main building. The lure coursing is held in the fenced off area to the south. It is very safe and secure, the area where the dogs run is well fenced, no chance of them getting onto a road.

Here's the living proof - a shot of a greyhound at the last lurecoursing they put on at the Rosebud Pet Expo.

46282347-M.jpg