Pet Food Survey - For Colledge ;)

Chicken of Beef?  

121 members have voted

1. 1. What (meat) do you prefer feed your dogs??

• Raw chicken mince
    • Cooked Chicken Mince
    • Raw Beef Mince
    • Cooked Beef Mince
    • pre packaged, processed meat 'rolls'
    • Canned food
  2. 2. Which Dry food Do you prefer?

• Eagle Pack
    • Eukanuba
    • Iams
    • Royal Canin
    • Advance
    • Science Diet
    • Supercoat
    • Pedigree Pal
    • Pro Plan
    • Other.. Please specify with reply
  3. 3. Which do you prefer to 'Add' To your dogs dinner

• Raw Bones
    • Chicken Necks
    • Chicken Wings
    • Chicken Frames
    • Lambs Heart
    • Beef Liver
    • Other.. Please specify in reply

Hey guys, I have made this Poll for education perposes. As some of you know I am currently at business colledge, preparing to start my own business.

Could you please answer these questions as accurately as possible?? If you have the time, could you state whether you have had problems with any particular food with your dogs??

Thanks so much :D

Ashlea.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the topics apply to me. And I cant answer more than one question.

I feed BARF. And this can be raw chicken mince and vegies, raw beef and vegies, raw fish or a combination or all three.

Which do you prefer to 'Add' To your dogs dinner

I use all of the above. But not at the same time.

I tried BARF with my GSD but it didn't agree with him as he started losing condition, and i had to feed huge amounts just to keep some weight on him.

Tho i do recommend BARF (along with SP kibble) in my work if asked to recommend other foods etc.

And along with TA i 'add' most of what you had listed to my dogs food...jsut not at the same time.

Hello. I feed my English Mastiffs lots of raw meaty bones to chew on throughout the day, everyday. For breaky I put supecoat biscuits in their bowls and they nibble at this as they feel like it. For dinner I give either raw pet mince or raw chicken mince or sometimes a combination of both with a cup of supercoat biscuits mixed in. A couple of times a week I ad sardines and a dolop of natural yogurt. Before I go to bed they get a chicken carcas each. During the day sometimes I give apples and oranges as well. I also give them the juice from steaming my veges and any left over veges form our dinner. Hope this helps. :D

I find it difficult to respond also.

May I make a suggestion for research? If you are not sure of the categories, ask open questions first - initially a smaller number of people as you may get lots of info. Then you analyse what you got and from that you can make up your categories, and you will most likely find that people are able to answer them better as they will be more applicable.

I feed a mix of dry kibble & raw chicken mince & chicken necks with skin on I also will throw in pasta/rice or some vegies as well.

Jacq

**ADVANCE is my choice of dry kibbles listed but I will also feed Barko Chicken as well every now & then

Hey Rox, I give my two Nutrience Supreme, along with vegies every now and then, sardines a couple of times a week and eggs occasionally too (in their shells, its more fun to watch) :D They get a brisket bone at least once a week too. Hope that helps.

ok rox

*puts on flame proof suit*

have always used Pedigree Pal and seen no adverse effects.

also use the pal tins which i have seen some adverse effects

with the chicken loaves/casseroles bobbi's stool changes color to the color of the yellow holden sorry i can't define it (i think it looks like scour)

additionally i add lamb bones, chicken peices (necks, wings, carcasses) for filler and as entertainment. this is because if the bone is too large bobbi wont eat it - she buries it about 8inches below ground level and i hate the large holes lol

hope this helps

regards

phil

Guest LittlePixie

I feed (depending on what I have on hand at the time)

Nutro (Lamb & Rice, Maintenance Mini, Large Breed Maintenance, Sensitive Stomach)

Nutrience (Supreme, Derma and Holistic as soon as it comes out)

Royal Canin (German Shepherd 24)

Eukanuba (Lamb & Rice, Small Breed Puppy)

Chicken Frames, Necks, Wings

Lamb Brisket, Necks

Turkey Necks

Beef Brisket

Roo Tails

And the only mince I ever feed is Chicken Mince from Burns Pet Foods, which is whole chickens ground up.

Plus all the general BARF additives with a vegie mix etc, but you don't need that in detail :D

Edited by LittlePixie

I have 3 dogs and they get slightly different things.

Older dog - eukanuba and chicken necks and mackerel 2 per week ( got lamb flaps and shanks when younger) Lamb now upsets her tummy.

young dog - eukanuba and chicken necks, lamb flaps, mackerel and occassionally turkey necks. This dog loves fruit so he often gets a mouthful of whatever I,m having.

Both dogs get this combination twice per day

dog with food allergies (red meat, chicken and wheat) This dog gets pro plan salmon and rice (just changed from eukanuba vet diet which is fish and potatoe based) in the morning and turkey necks at night.

Hope this helps

I feed raw beef and vegie mince with occasional chicken necks, sardines, marrow bones and raw eggs

He was weaned onto it and has an excellent coat and is very healthy - gets comments all the time

Edited by shoemonster

My two dogs are feed slightly differently.

Murray the older boy is feed supercoat light and mature, raw bones and the occasionally vegies, rice, tined salmon or tuna, and raw eggs.

Jake my 4 year old is feed supercoat adult with raw bones and occasional vegies, rice, tined salmon or tuna and raw eggs.

Anne

The way the poll is structured I cant answer honestly. :D

I feed raw meat and offal, including chicken mince, lamb, pork, beef mince, liver, heart and kidneys (lamb chicken and beef), and chicken frames and necks as well as turkey necks. I dont feed dry food, but I add a fruit and vege mush that has a bit of fish and fish oil in it as well as ground seeds and wheatgerm) and they also have a weekly raw egg. I'm sure I'm missing out on something or other, but thats about it.

ETA- I have had no food problems other than bones. I'd love it if the butcher could just grind me up a bag :cry: (I've stopped buying 'petmince as the fat content outweighed the benefit of the ground chook bone)

Yeah I new I'd missed something- roo mince now comprises the bulk of the mince they get as its very lean and cheaper at $4 a kilo.

Edited by cactus

The only raw meat i feed my girl is chicken mince. Otherwise i cook everything for her.

Every friday she is feed fish-tuna or sardines etc

Mostly its cooked mince. Ive given her kidneys and made a chicken breast risotto as well.. Every meal is served up with vegies or rice and i make her a sauce( usually from stock) or add some yoghurt or mix in a raw egg.

I gave her some raw chicken wing before and she chewed it a few times then just swallowed it.

That kinda freaked me out (not sure if thats normal) so shes not having bones again.

She had roast lamb today and loved it she also loves her fruits.

The only time she has eaten Divine dog food is when I wasnt home to cook as its easier to get who ever watches her to serve that.