Any Tips To Make This A Little Easier

What a loving boy your Cooper was...he waited for his dad to come home & then gave you the precious gift of gently crossing the Bridge in his own time.

His wonderful little spirit will be with you always...

oh I'm so sorry, reading this has sprung tears to my eyes. I'm so sorry to hear you have lost your furbaby but it sounds so peaceful the way he left. It will be difficult to adjust after 15 years of having this little boy in your lives.

I had a dog a few years ago we had to make the painful decision and just before the appointment she left of her own accord too.

I also lost my other 15 year old faithful friend earlier this year, it's very sad and difficult to cope with. It still sends me in tears just thinking about it now a few months down the track.

May your little man be running free in the fields at rainbow bridge :thumbsup:

Big Hugs.

Michelle

Good boy, Cooper. Your family will miss you very much, but it will be good for them to know that you're not in discomfort any more, and they will treasure their memories of your life with them.

Thinking good thoughts for you and yours, Pauline.

• 2 weeks later...

[Dear Pauline,

I was in the exact same position A month ago. My heart goes out to you.

Our german sheph, Bear, had a genetic illness, one which we went to great pains and financial juggling to maintain over 10 years.

A healthy dose of denial made us delay it longer than we should have. Unfortunately the time arrived when her system was failing.The decision was made for us.

We loved her so much, that we couldn't allow her to suffer any further. It was difficult, as even over the final days, she was still out and about, but by the end of night ,her legs would weaken and give way.

Her quality of life had diminished, and we felt, we were no longer robbing her of anything, but sparing her from a far worse.

Bear for the most part was my companion,not my pet. So, it was a very hard and lonely decision to make.( my husband and I came to that decision together )I don't know if you have a partner or family. But I do understand the gravity of your feelings. You have to love them enough to do what's right for them,when the time comes.

I can't articulate how I feel better than expressed by kelly louise.

But I like to look for the good out of bad situation. That's what brought me to this website.

My hubby isn't ready to look for another four legged family member, but I'm lonely and have always had a dog with me throughout my life. (I hope you'lll understand this - but throughout my life, I have found solace in getting another 4 legged family member soon after the passing of one) Not a replacement, but a new begining, getting know and love another.

Through my experience, I have found the playul antics and the love of a fat playful pup, help the the loss and passing ease just a little.Maybe a bit soon for me to mention this,and if so,I'm sorry.

Everything at your own pace and in your own way.

I know we can't afford another pet, atleast until I'm financial again, but in the mean while, I've been searching, for when we can.

The GOOD - I speak of, coming out of the bad~!~

Just happened to be searching in the Logan pound website. And saw a german shepherd girl in dire need of a home. (Sadly we aren't able to take her on)

I urgently looked for an organisation or website, which may be able to help her plight. I found this place.

And if you read the urgent rescue site, (under save a german shepherd girl) You get the gist of the rest.

Needless, to say she has been rescued and is in a new loving home.

I like to think that in small part is due to Bear. (We had tiny hand in helping another)

I'm sorry this is happening with you and your cooper, but I hope it helps to know your not alone. An we are thinking of you both.

jls

Pauline:

My heart goes out to you. I used to own a gorgeous GSP who I loved dearly. On a routine visit to the vet he was diagnosed with congenital heart disease. We were told that with medication he'd live for 6 months. How we cherished those few short months with him - & how much his health improved. Unfortunately - virtually 6 months to his diagnosis date - he wasn't in a good state. I sat beside him as he lay on his beanbag & was with him as he drew his last breath. It was a peaceful moment & even though it broke my heart to say goodbye (I didn't have enough time with him!!) I knew that I'd provided him with a happy life. That was 9 years ago. I think of him often & yes, I do still cry.

My condolences to you & your family Pauline.

There are so many great poems out there that may help you in this awful period & you may also want to try a site called Faithful Friends..I've found it very comforting.

http://www.faithfulfriends.com.au/

Best wishes