Obedience Trials (vic)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tollers owned the entry closing date for the Golden Retreiver Club one is today!!!!! Yiou can still enter. I will be going and I think the token rep for the the tollers. LOL

Geelong Obedience Dog Club is back to back trials, morning and afternoon on Saturday 8th and Sunday 9th,. So you could enter 4 trials if you wanted to. There is camping available for $5 on the grounds. I am going to the golden retriever one and seriously thinking about the Geelong comp. Geelong comp closes on June 23, (Friday).

These were both advertised in the VCA magazine pages 10 & 11 of May issue.

http://www.geocities.com/vicobedience/

Edited by DunnyBrush

Hi

Yep I've entered Gambit in the Geelong Obedience Trial. It will be his first ever trial and I'm getting nervous even now.

He cottons on to the heeling, and everything else and then I make a mistake and don't use the correct hand signal or the voice control.

Ah, well, if I don't give it a go I'll never know.

I have no idea what trial he will be in as I'm stewarding on both days. I will leave it up to Janelle to decide so she can cover the stewards that she'll nedd on the day.

post-6277-1150692188_thumb.jpg

I might be entering Bodie in CCD as well DB, i dont think i should be doing herding just in case i get run down by a feral sheep, might be a risk to baby :p( so obedience is safer :confused: lol we have the ballarat tracking trial on the same weekend so i dont know what to do?? enter obedience for saturday and tracking for sunday? if i ask for only sunday i might get balloted out of tracking then and miss out it is prolly my last tracking trial for the year as i will be 6 months then and dont fancey treking thru the bush in that condition hehe LOl and our club president is paranoid i will try and go into labour when im out tracking so i better slow down before he loses the rest of his hair :p

For Devo ... KCC Park is on Western Port Highway aka Dandenong-Hastings Road a bit north-west of Cranbourne. I really only know how to get to it from Berwick or from Cranbourne. You should be able to find it on a Melways - it's about a km or so south of the intersection of Thompson's Rd and Dandenong-Hastings Rd - on the right as you head south on the D-H Rd. It's signposted with about 500 m warning.

Hi Sparty :confused: Didn't realise you were pregnant - congrats!!!

Thx Tassie :confused: 1/2 way there atm and it is cutting into my dog training!!! how rude!! i will have to have a talking to her when she arrives LOL

I think KCC park is actually on the melways too from memory (too cold to go out to the car to check tho :rofl:

I've entered Tiger in both novice classes on Saturday and Chili in the CCD afternoon class on Saturday but she's not a definate starter, we'll see how her training goes over the next few weeks. Tiger is doing great things, its just her handler who messes it up for her! :rofl:

Hi

Yep I've entered Gambit in the Geelong Obedience Trial. It will be his first ever trial and I'm getting nervous even now.

He cottons on to the heeling, and everything else and then I make a mistake and don't use the correct hand signal or the voice control.

Hey, goodonya Gambit & Wendy! Good luck! Have you entered Novice or CCD? Wish I was going now, would love to have seen Gambit, but as it turned out I didn't have the extra time to go. Ah well, there is always nxt yr!

Tell us how you go!

Hi

Gambit is now entered in the AM & PM trials for Saturday and Sunday in CCD.

Ohhhhhhh, It is so long since I did any trialling I get the tummy flutters when I think about it.

I had only entered Gambit once on each day as I thought Janelle might have been short of Stewards, but it looks like she has plenty of them so Gambit gets to do two and two.

I love the new rules for obedience. They make better sense than the Heel on and Heel off lead in the one class.

Gambit is the first dog I've had that actually stays (sort of ) with me in the heeling pattern. Mister Scotty did it only once at Warrnambool and Miss Annabell wouldn't dream of walking near me. She only wants to make sure everyone is doing what she wants them to do.

So we'll see what happens

Say Hi to me and Gambit when you see us, tell me your DOL name so I can put the face to the name.

See Yah

Wendy

post-6277-1151579799_thumb.jpg

LOL we should have a DOL gatherpoint!!

we normally sit on the bench seat between the two area's

I will be there with Bodie anyway havent been able to twist 2tollers arm into going yet

so we will see you guys on saturday i think we will all be competing against each other .. i will bring a LARGE bottle of wine so u can all sooth your nerves .. i wont be able to share as im preggers LOL

Oo Oo, Sparty - any chance I could follow you down pretty please? Save me having to leave 3 hours early so I have time to get lost and un-lost a few times on the way!