Dog Bowls...

ReXy

i know its probly been done before.. but i am bored..

also.. just wanted to know out of interest , do you wash your dogs bowls.. i do and mine have stainless steel bowls. most times dogs lick them clean but i still wash then, now i was washing them one day and preparing the dogs meals.. and a friend was amazed that i would go to so much trouble and wash their bowls and the way i prepare their food, in his eyes , was better than he eats at home..lol

so am i weird or does anyone else do this.. i just thought it was normal.. i mean.. would u liek to eat dried up crusty day old moosh in your meals..??. not to mention the ants and crap that gets in there

My boys do a pretty good job of cleaning their bowl, but I am with you on this one for sure... :laugh:

Gotta clean the bowls, don't want them to get tummy up-sets!!! ANTS...YUCK...ROACHES... :rofl:

I am with you, stainless steel feeding bowls and as soon as they have finished their meal, like five seconds after it has been put down :rofl:, I brink them all in doors and I boil the kettle and each one has a swill of boiling water, and then washed with sudsy water.

Call me fussy but that is how it is done here. :laugh:

Dinner bowl is a glazed ceramic dish - blue on the inside & beige on the outside (I think stainless steel would get pushed around too much). Huge ceramic Studio Sebastian water bowl & and stainless steel bucket for water dishes. Food dish gets washed up after breakfast & dinner, with hot sudsy water. Water bowls just get rinsed out to get all the dirt/sand & fur out of them. Probably should wash them with sudsy water too, but I haven't bothered yet.

I am with you, stainless steel feeding bowls and as soon as they have finished their meal, like five seconds after it has been put down :rofl:, I brink them all in doors and I boil the kettle and each one has a swill of boiling water, and then washed with sudsy water.

Call me fussy but that is how it is done here. :laugh:

I do exactly the same, Mjosa.

pheww . pleased to see im not a freak...lol i do the same , boiling water then wash with mild detergent then rinse again in hot water.... mine have stainless because they break the ceramic.. and chew the plastic..lol

Nothing but stainless here,I'm so bad that mine are all the same size, brand and shape :rofl: i do have smaller baby bowls and the water bowls are all the same too.

Mine go in the sink after every meal, they are covered in boiling water and washing liquid, then washed, rinsed, dried and put away in the walk in pantry ( that's where my food bins are as well ).

I collect all of my bowls after dinner and they never use a dirty one :rofl: man, do i have some issues.

I get the same comments when people visit me, although my mother will now wash the dog bowls when she comes to stay :laugh:

lol love it warley... i dont keep mine in the pantry tho.. in the laundry..lol

and the same.. now i have 2 the same and 1 odd.. so that ones gotta go and i have to get a new same one..lol

I only use stainless steel bowls now. And they're washed after every meal. The water bowls are washed at least every second day. Can you imagine eating your own meals from dirty plates? Or drinking from a glass/mug that hasn't been washed? Why should hygiene not extend to our dogs' belongings? :laugh:

I only use stainless steel bowls now. And they're washed after every meal. The water bowls are washed at least every second day. Can you imagine eating your own meals from dirty plates? Or drinking from a glass/mug that hasn't been washed? Why should hygiene not extend to our dogs' belongings? :laugh:

exactly,, thats the way i think to...

some people dont seem to think it matters.. :rofl:

Edited by ReXy

I clean mine the same as everyone else, hot water and disinfectant after every meal :rofl:

Our food bowls are stainless steel and the water bowl is a ceramic one which sounds very similar to the one squeak described :laugh:

Ask your friend if he would eat off a dirty plate :laugh: , I think not! I use ceramic bowls (you can get some really heavy ones from the bargain shops) which are washed after use just like any other dishes. I have stainless steel ones too but they sometimes clang and scare the dogs so I prefer the ceramics. You are not weird at all :rofl: , it's a hygene issue after all.

Cheers,

Corine

I have stainless steel bowls for my pair...but the bowls are licked clean clean clean - no matter what has been put in it. They only get washed if there is something left in it...but since that hasn't happened yet...they haven't been cleaned :laugh:

I have a stainless steel one, but my next one would be a ceramic sealed terricotta one. I tend to find the latter are heavier, and don't slide around the floor (and away from my dog's nose and tongue) when it's being licked clean to within an inch of its life.

Yes washed everyday,not only that but steralised with boiling water from the kettle too lol :laugh: i must have OCD or sumpthin :rofl:

Edit:the water bucket gets emptied and scrubed and refilled with fresh water every couple of days,algae(sp) never gets a chance to form.

Edited by S M S