Show Clothes Revisted

mersonmalinois

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are some brands that do nice suits?

Le Suit

Tahari

Yep and Kasper too.

Thanks!... I found a really nice suit actually on Ebay but i cant trust things coming from over seas they never get here in time!!

Really? I have no problems whatsoever with International post. In fact it is usually quicker for me to get something from overseas than it is from some parts of Australia. Thus far USA to Hobart in 4 days would be the record compared to 8 days from Sydney to Hobart....even the yachts go quicker! :laugh:

I have some beautifully made suits that I had made by a plus size clothing manufacturer in  Brisbane.  They are Size 26 jackets(not long sleeved, but the sleeves come to elbow level) and sleeveless top, and Size24 skirt.  Made from mechanical suiting fabric, which is great because it doesn't crush easily and is so lovely to wear. Don't know if these would be any good to you. 

edited because I put the name of the firm.

Edited by Marion 01

I have some beautifully made suits that I had made by a plus size clothing manufacturer in  Brisbane.  They are Size 26 jackets(not long sleeved, but the sleeves come to elbow level) and sleeveless top, and Size24 skirt.  Made from mechanical suiting fabric, which is great because it doesn't crush easily and is so lovely to wear. Don't know if these would be any good to you. 

edited because I put the name of the firm.

Sending you a PM :)

Really? I have no problems whatsoever with International post.

I don't either. Try Suit Up Sistah in the U.S., cheap, good quality suits and excellent service :thumbsup:

Cheers....

Im a little picky with clothes so all the ones i have liked are 14 day turn around but not guarenteed..ill check out these people.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just posted up a few suits and jackets for sale on DOL - hopefully they'll be up soon!

I also have more, if anyone is interested I'll send pics. They range from size AUS 6-12.

ITEM: Royal Blue Suit

SIZE: 10

CONDITION: Like new, worn twice. (May need dry clean)

PRICE: $50ono

Suit.jpg

ITEM: Syndicate Pant Suit

SIZE: 8

CONDITION: Good condition, only worn few times and sat in wardrobe since

PRICE: $20ono

Suit2.jpg

ITEM: Suit Jacket

SIZE: 12

CONDITION: Good condition, only worn few times and sat in wardrobe since

PRICE: $15ono

Suit3.jpg

I'm on email weekdays so if anyone's interested or has any questions, send me an email: [email protected]

I don't always get on here so email is best way of contact.

Thanks

Bethany

Edited by Beth24

• 2 weeks later...

Brand: Le Suit

Size: 10P

Color: Light Green

Measurements taken laid flat unstretched Underarm seam to Underarm seam: 20" Waist:Jacket: 18" Skirt: 15" Total length: 24"

Worn twice - $50 plus $11 postage (Express)

SOLD

post-19480-0-65828800-1334984225_thumb.jpg

Edited by Silvawilow

• 2 weeks later...

And for those who can't get to off topic

Hi everyone

I am clearing out my show suit wardrobe and hopefully there are a few that you might like :). These suits/ Jackets have only ever been dry cleaned so they are in pretty good condition.

First is a Kasper show jacket it is a size 12P so would suit a size 12 here.

Please excuse the quality of the image it is more pink than red colour. $30

IMG_0694.jpg

Tahari Flower suit with black skirt would suit a size 10-12 $50

IMG_0695.jpg

Brown Flowered Skirt suit the material is a bit thicker than the other suits size 12 $50

IMG_0693.jpg

Electric Blue Tahari Jacket short sleeved would be good for the summer months its a size 12 $30 (sold pending payment to poomother)

IMG_0692.jpg

Beige Anne Klein skirt suit the hem has been brought up a little as i am short it made it hard to run in :) a size 12. $50

IMG_0690.jpg

Pink Jones new york Jacket long sleeved size 12 $30

IMG_0689.jpg

ANy questions about these please feel free to PM me also about postage costs an additional 5 dollars can also arrange express if you wish. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Im new to showing, I have noticed that ppl seem to have special "show suits".

How are they different to normal suits? Are they a certain fabric or particular cut?

Also I have noticed that they all seem to be skirts? Is there a reason for that? Is it something that the judges prefer?

• Troy unpinned this topic