Goodbye My Darling "old Goldie"

Rusky

Sweetheart you were so loved

I can't write too much my heart is too full.

Bye Bye Darling Cindy a loved Golden retriever

born 21st April 1993 "Dancingate Dorcas Willow"

went to the bridge 6th September 2006.

You fought hard to stay with us. I miss you so much.

post-4114-1157614318_thumb.jpg

post-4114-1157614349_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rusky

:D My heart goes out to you Rusky, I know exactly how you feel as my dear old girl Mia went to the bridge in February, and I still weep for her and all my "kids" that have gone before over the years, but Mia is still fresh in my mind, she was 12 years old and you think they are going to last forever, sadly this is not to be.

Cindy you were a beautiful girl rest easy girl at the :thumbsup:

Rusky - As you know, I PM'd you with my sentiments for your loss of Cindy. Following is a poem that was sent to me by a couple of very kind DOLers when I lost my sweet girl "Kal" 8 long weeks ago. I hope that when you read it offers you some comfort in your heart, even though I'm sure it will also bring with it tears. Tears of anguish eventuate to become cleansing tears and you might wish to re-visit to read the poem at a later time.

My heart goes out to you, Rusky. You did all you could to give Cindy a comfortable life especially in these later times. Cindy knows your love I'm sure.

Take care, Rusky.

:thumbsup: RIP Cindy and enjoy your carefree frollick in the grass under the soft sun at the rainbow bridge.

Unnamed Poem -

I stood by your bed last night, I came to have a peep.

I could see that you were crying, You found it hard to sleep.

I whined to you softly as you brushed away a tear,

"It's me, I haven't left you, I'm well, I'm fine, I'm here."

I was close to you at breakfast, I watched you pour the tea,

You were thinking of the many times, your hands reached down to me.

I was with you at the shops today, Your arms were getting sore.

I longed to take your parcels, I wish I could do more.

I was with you at my grave today, You tend it with such care.

I want to reassure you, that I'm not lying there.

I walked with you towards the house, as you fumbled for your key.

I gently put my paw on you, I smiled and said "it's me."

You looked so very tired, and sank into a chair.

I tried so hard to let you know, that I was standing there.

It's possible for me, to be so near you everyday.

To say to you with certainty, "I never went away."

You sat there very quietly, then smiled, I think you knew ... in the

stillness of that evening, I was very close to you.

The day is over... I smile and watch you yawning

and say "goodnight, God bless, I'll see you in the morning."

And when the time is right for you to cross the brief divide,

I'll rush across to greet you and we'll stand, side by side.

I have so many things to show you, there is so much for you to see.

Be patient, live your journey out . then come home to be with me.

Author unknown

Thank you everyone, you are all so very kind.

Erny the poem is so lovely and I am crying again..

I have Cindy here with me now in a lovely jarrah engraved box. I know it is silly but I often hear her claws on the wood floor and I hear her 'speak' I miss her so much.

Someone told me to remember the good times, I can't yet, it is too painful, that probably sounds silly too.

I have Cindy here with me now in a lovely jarrah engraved box. I know it is silly but I often hear her claws on the wood floor and I hear her 'speak' I miss her so much.

Someone told me to remember the good times, I can't yet, it is too painful, that probably sounds silly too.

No .... it doesn't sound silly. I too heard my sweet, beautiful Kal's 'click' of nails on my wooden floors in the weeks following her leaving - enough to make me look around and then fall apart at the dawning that she wasn't and wouldn't be there. I too could not think of the good times, as it only made me miss her more and was like a knife twisting in an already raw wound. Even now, my tears will flow when I recall these things (sometimes the memory of certain but wonderful moments fill my mind with the quickness of a lightning bolt) and although I still yearn to have her with me, the gut twisting anguish is easing, slowly, bit by bit.

I found comfort in speaking to Kal - I still do. I close my eyes and imagine her being there. In fact, I do believe she is. It has been solace to me to have been convinced that whilst she is gone from me she is simply in another place but not as apart as one might otherwise think.

Have heart, Rusky for although you will never forget her and you will always miss her, time is kind and instead of feeling tortured by your emotion of loss you will come to be able to embrace it and cherish in the fact that you were blessed to have been able to know and love Cindy and to have shared the life journey she took with you. The sadness I think will always be there, but instead of it resting on a bed of nails, it will begin to feel as though it nestles on a soft warm cushion. I think this is when you will begin to feel peace and be able to place more store in having known Cindy, rather than having been departed from her.

I hope that makes sense and I hope that I have not caused pain rather than comfort in my words. I am travelling the journey of emotion I have just described. That journey is not yet over for me, but I have become aware of its direction and it seems to be leading me out of and away from the dark abyss I found myself in, in the early weeks of my loss. I hope you are also thus guided.

Edited by Erny