How To Stop A Lab Digging?

nivia

Give him an OK digging site....a special area full of the sand suitable for children's sandpits. Keep burying bits of treats there....& let him have all the fun digging in his special spot. And he'll know it's his spot...because only place where treats are available.

I have this problem currently as well, among other problems :rofl:. I have a lot of healthy established trees and don't wish to lose them. Anybody have good tips please share?

So far I have tried sprinkle pepper+chilli powder on the areas to deter puppy but it's not working, moth balls in packets doesn't work as well and is poisonous I know but everything under supervision. I will be using citronella next.

I have this problem currently as well, among other problems :rofl:. I have a lot of healthy established trees and don't wish to lose them. Anybody have good tips please share?

So far I have tried sprinkle pepper+chilli powder on the areas to deter puppy but it's not working, moth balls in packets doesn't work as well and is poisonous I know but everything under supervision. I will be using citronella next.

There are specially forumlated products to keep dogs...& other creatures...off gardens. None harm the animals. All made by Multicrop...set out on their website. Have a look & see which one best fits your situation.

I use the Skedaddle granules to keep the 2 tibbie girls from hanging around a side fence where a lot of building is going on next door.

Products are available in places like the garden section of KMart.

http://www.multicrop.com.au/animal.htm

Edited by mita

Haha good luck with this one!!! :p Luckily i found that Kobi's poo was a great deterrent. Other than that i couldn't find any other solution. I tried the whole sweet chilli and tabasco trick, but he seemed to like it more than hate it :rofl: Red curry paste worked a little better but it didn't stop him totally. Luckily he has grown out of most of it ( i get the occasional hole) and i consider that lucky as he is only 2 years old. YOU may have many years of this :rofl:

YOU may have many years of this :rofl:

:rofl::eek: :p

Awwww you'll love it :rofl: I nearly broke me ankle several times when i fell down a hole in the middle of the night

Im with you gotta!!

Ramses has a hole that is big enough to burry him in :p Ihave to laugh because NOTHING stops him he even has his own sand pit where the pool used to be he gets bored with it and digs the grass :)

Fortunatley nivia and flycow they do (might ;) ) grow out of it in the next 2-3 yrs or you could be stuck with a gorgeous, big, boofy, hole digging like a puppy fully grown adult lab ;)

They are beautiful but as they get bigger so do their paws and holes! I tried everything but he is destined to be a digger because he also has a 10 yr old sidekick, they both dig holes together (the dogs) licky Sasha is only a small dog but small holes are the ankle breakers :rofl:

Good luck with all the joys of owning a lab :)

Lol. I owned 2 goldens and my garden is absolutely destroyed.

Plants and trees gone, holes everywhere, pebbles on the sidewalk, broken hose, the lots.

And they're not even outside dogs!! I will let them out for about 10 minutes and there would be disaster..

Oh well. I love my dogs more than my garden though. Will need a major restructuring on the garden this coming holiday though... Am sooooo looking forward to it.

Ella has her own digging patch which is near our washing line. Whenever I put washing out, I cheer her on to do some digging. I've buried bones and toys for her to find. So far, touch wood, she hasn't start to dig anywhere else. We had some palm trees stumps and roots that need digging up and Ella has done the job for us :rofl: :p .

Unfortunately she has pulled out plants from the rest of the yard. But at least we don't have potholes all over the yard. Ella is 6 months old so perhaps in a couple of years we can hope for a nice garden again.

Annette :rofl: