How Often Does Your Dog Go - Number 2?

peigirl

Hi all

Raf and I have been working on his Colitis issues since the end of June - I can't believe its nearly been 4 months :D

Anyways, touching lots of wood, his bowel motions finally seem to be stabilising. My question is when things get back to 'normal', how often should he be going Number 2? He was previously on a raw diet and going twice a day - morning & night.

He is now on straight kibble - z/d ultra and seems to be averaging one bowel motion a day. While things are much better, I am still not at the stage where we look at reintroducing foods though, hopefully within a few weeks, we might be able to.

I realise that every dog is different and diet will of course affect their motions so what's 'normal' for your dog?

:)

When at home, Hope goes 2 or 3 times a day and Fox once or twice. Hope uses her droppings to mark, like other dogs use urine, so when we're out, she's likely to leave a pebble or two here and there, so maybe up to eight times a day when she's away from home! :)

ETA. My dogs are on a totally raw BARF diet.

Edited by hopenfox

Opps sorry Peigirl. Mallee gets kibble and wet food (advance) with rice and chicken on alternate days, only chicken breast as anything flares up her stomach.

Double opps - she also gets a monring and night meal

Edited by malleerr

Mine gets a mix of raw human quality food and premium dry food in two meals per day. Normally he's goes 3-4 times per day and I find the quantity determines how many times he goes - I've finally been able to put some weight on him

Kim once a day only cause she is disgusted at doing it :rainbowbridge:

Elka and Oliver usually twice

Bonny working dog, optimum wet puppy, raw mince and yoghurt with chicken wings and brisket bones twice a week, I find after the chicken wing day noone does one the next day, god I wish they would go back to eating eukanuba cause then it was only 3 small bits a day to clean up

funny questions lol

Thought you might like some pei to compare it too

Jewel- morning and night

Zephyr-morning and night

Grace-morning

Ellie-night

Stella and Bertha = 3-4 poos per day

I hope this helps

Glad Raf is doing better