Tongue Sticking Out, But Don't Drink Water

skwo2

One of my kids licked the side of the freezer and got stuck to it. ;) :rofl: No one heard her crying and begging for help for about 30 mins so she just stuck there. :rofl::rofl::rofl: We had to throw water over her to pull her free. she couldnt talk for days. ;)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We have had some very heavy frosts here and Niki has learnt not to lick her water bucket before cracking the ice on top first. The first time she got her tongue stuck and was screaming for help. I had to pour water over her tongue. She wouldn't drink from the bucket for awhile. Now she slams a paw in the bucket first. Even now the weather has warmed up she still does it.

But OT completely, I cant stop her getting her tongue stuck in the vacuum cleaner! I have to vacuum with her outside, screaming the place down to get to it.

Edited by Ambervale

But OT completely, I cant stop her getting her tongue stuck in the vacuum cleaner! I have to vacuum with her outside, screaming the place down to get to it.

Id love to see that ;) .

Even better I cleaned out the budgie cage once and the stupid bugger jumped right at the end and got sucked up . I mean really sucked up and was dead before I could save him . ;) I was about as popular as a one armed paper hanger for a while and wasnt allowed to clean out the budgie cage after that so that got me out of that job . :rofl: Its lucky the dog is too big and at least wont get too stuck. :rofl:

Oh so I am not the only one that vaccumms their dogs, gee thats a great releif

Saves the dog hair getting everywhere inside

Even better I cleaned out th ebudgie cage once and the stupid bigger jumped right at the end and got sucked up . I mean really sucked up and was dead before I could save him . :o I was about as popular as a one armed paper hanger for a while and wasnt allowed to clean out the budgie cage after that so that got me out of that job . :) Its lucky the dog is too big and at least wont get too stuck. ;)

Hmmm, the lengths some people go to to get out of doing certain jobs :thumbsup: ;) :):wave:

Steve

Even better I cleaned out th ebudgie cage once and the stupid bigger jumped right at the end and got sucked up . I mean really sucked up and was dead before I could save him .

Get a yorkshire canary this time - they are bigger, and wont fit into the wand!! I used to regularly vacuum the bottom of the cage - no problems. One day he did a bit of a flap, and suuuuuuuuck - up he went. Luckily the yorkshire is a wide shouldered bird and his shoulders stuck, and surprisingly enough, he was ok - a bit glassy eyed though!!

I'd like to vacuum the cockatiel's cage, but he witnessed this, and if I can within 20 metres of his cage with the vacuum, he shouts 'NO NO NO, Georgie's a GOOD boy" - and I don't have the heart!!

yep that's exactly how it happened. Dunno if our family was in dumb and dumber but I did sometimes wonder if they were watching and using my brother in law for episodes of 'Some Mothers do have em' years ago. No one else got the joke when he divorced my sister and married a girl called Betty but it made me giggle for weeks. :scared:

Sorry I know we shouldnt do this and its way off topic - Ill try harder.

Puppies have low tone. As they develop and tone increases, the tongue will come in. Dogs lose heat thru panting, sweating and a contractile spleen that shunts blood to the surface of the body to lose heat. They pant because they've been running around or they're hot. If it's thirsty it will sniff around for water and actively seek it out. My Westie Lily had her tongue out for the first 12 weeks of her life. The very day she went into the show ring, her tongue came in. It's just something puppies do......just like human babies, although they don't sniff out water.

No one else got the joke when he divorced my sister and married a girl called Betty but it made me giggle for weeks. :)

:) ;) :birthday: ohgod Frank's a bright spark isnt he?

An old friend of mine ran the huskies in antarctica. One night he woke to blood curdling screams and ran outside to find one of the puppies had decided to lick the blade on the snow plough. Same thing - 'Oh Look...Frost'