Rip Valgerd Enigmas Glory

Kaffy Magee

Kaya my beautiful 18 month old bullmastiff girl went to the bridge on Wednesday.And it hurts so much to know she was alone and in pain. I left my house at approx. 11am on wednesday morning and she was her usual happy self. I returned at approx 3.45 pm. She was no where to be seen. I searched everywhere, i rode the boundary of the property fearing she may have got out and wandered and been shot and dumped back over the fence line. I searched all sheds, and rooms even though doors were shut. I drove around the area, up the highway hoping to catch a glimpse. I visited our neighbours 1.5 km away and rang the others in our area. I rang the vet and left my details incase someone brought her in. Something made me go back into the shed.And there i found her, hidden away, eternally asleep. :thumbsup: I found that she had vomited twice that i could see out on the verandah. I figured poisoning and terrified she had gotten into something that we had left out. But we could not find anything. We took her body to the vets for a post mortem. He rang me later that night and told me she had been bitten by a snake from the black snake family which he said would either be a tiger, red bellied black or copperhead). She had massive internal bleeding particularly of the kidneys. ;) I picked her up yesterday and we buried her in our yard. I have great plans for her burial site but i must wait as much as it hurts to as the fires a heading our wayand we maybe evacuating on the weekend.

Kaya, Im so sorry i wasnt there for you when you needed me the most.I loved you so much and i hope you knew that. On Tuesday you decided you liked to play frisbee for the first time and so I bought you your very own frisbee the day you left and you never got to play with it :rofl: I was looking forward to that. You made me so proud. You were out of my first litter and i knew you were the one the minute you arrived. I fell in love. You were also my first show dog. We learnt together(and still learning) and you made me so proud in the ring. I had great plans for you towards the end of 2007, early 2008, I had even picked out the boy i wanted you to "meet". You were such a beautiful girl, we had our ups and downs, but i could never have given you up. I feel for your mummy Keisha, she came looking for you next morning. She went to the shed she last saw you in and then went down the back to look for you where you spent so much time together. I know she is heart broken, as am I. We've both lost our baby. You've probably met your Daddy by now. He's big isnt he? He'll be there for you, until we meet again. You will never be forgotten. I was going to have a bullmastiff head tattooed on my right shoulder blade, facing my lioness, but had changed my mind as i didnt want to look too "butch". Well i now have a very good reason to go through with it, it will not be just any head, it will be yours, with your name, so everyone can ask "who Kaya was" and i can tell them all about you , my beautiful baby girl. Kai Pie, I love you, you will always be in my heart and never far from my mind. RIP sweet girl., Love Mum. :rofl:

kayapup.jpg

kayaolde.jpg

kayawater.jpg

kayaolder.jpg

oh so sorry to hear that you lost your bub Kaffy.. i know how you feel re not being there as i recently had a similar experience. I know you probably feel guilty at the moment but i have found a little peace in thinking that one moment can not surely outweigh all the other times when you were there for your bub and you gave them all the love in the world.

take care and remember all the lovely times !

:thumbsup: Kaffy, I cried when I read your post & looked at Kaya's beautiful, beautiful photos. your heart must be ripped apart.

Hugs to your family from ours.

stay safe with the fires.

fifi, danny & hounds