"best" Brand Of Dog Food For Your Pet?

I feed raw and sometimes Nature's Gift. I feed Nature's Gift kibble and find this ok too.

I notice a huge difference in the stools when they are on Nature's Gift instead of raw and have to do TP twice as often when on it.

My puss is fed raw with Advance or Optimum kibble.

Vets All Natural Dry Mix plus raw chicken frames, raw eggs, yoghurt, sardines, raw lamb flaps, raw chicken necks plus left over veges plus a variety of raw whole foods.

I have fed my dogs on all the various premium dogfood over the many years that I have bred and shown dogs and have been feeding raw/natural foods for over 12mths now after quite a bit of research into it. It took losing a couple of dogs (not at the same time) under extremely distressing circumstances for me to decide to convert all my dogs to all natural/raw.

I have raised my Dobe boy on all natural after taking the breeders advice. I was initially dubious about the calcium requirements being met but was amazed to see how well he did and is continuing to do on a raw diet. I have also raised and maintained small dogs on the same diet and they continue to thrive.

There is such a BIG difference now for the dogs health and also in the poo dept. that I just cannot envisage going back to feeding commercial dog food.

I believe that the benefits given to the dogs immune system by feeding all natural/raw foods is such a BIGGY that we should all wake up and smell the roses.

I had a major issue with Eukanuba food and did not find the dogs did that well on Pedigree or Purina. Hills/Supercoat weren't too bad, Eagle Pack was the best of them all. I would NEVER feed canned supermarket dog food but will feed Pro Peak in an emergency.

Fast foods have been proven to be unhealthy in humans in so many ways - just think about what commercially produced dry dogfoods are doing to our furkids, and dog foods don't have the same amount of quality checks or legal requirements on them that human grade foods do!

One type of diet/kibble will not suit all dogs.

Our dogs all have differing diets, some are on completely BARF and others are on a mix of BARF and premium kibble.

Kibbles we have found to be worth using are Eagle Pack, Royal Canin and we are seeing good results on the dogs who we have started feeding Nutro.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started my boy on Eagle Pack Holistic since it worked out to be the same cost as the VIP supermaket stuff he was on (with the bonus of less poo and less packaging waste). I had the cats on it for a little while as well and was very happy with it so I think it'll be good for the dog. He had no problem about the change, in fact he's even more enthusiastic about his dinner now.

Anything better seems to only be stocked by Pet's Paradise and I refuse to buy anything from them.

I have heard a couple of people who like Nutro but don't think it is even available for sale where I live

Unfortunately yes, there is limited availability of Nutro in Australia but it is spreading :) A couple of the online stores now stocking Nutro do ship interstate etc. if interested it would be worth contacting them to find out.

Can't remember the details but if you do a search on Nutro these sites have been listed before.

happystarz - at the end of the day I'd be initially feeding what the breeder was feeding. If you don't like the results you can gradually change your little one over to something else. At the end of the day we all have our opinions on what is good & bad and that is what it is 'peoples' opinions' some can be backed up with facts - others can not but different dogs/different breeds all do well in different foods.

For example my MIL has a border collie whom she feeds (in my opinion) one of the cheapiest, nastiest supermarket foods available. This is something I would NEVER feed my dogs and I cringe when she talks about it but you know what?? Her dog looks fantastic and because of that we can't convince her to change foods ... Go Figure :confused::confused:

CANINE COUNTRY PET FOOD will have it next week.. 07 32082849