I Feel So Horrible...final Update

k8star

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is with a heavy heart that I type this...

Tonight, at around 8.45pm, I found Kiah asleep on the driveway. Never to be woken again.

Seems that she went to sleep peacefully and how I would have wanted to her to but oh it is so not fair. I wanted to be with her. She still looks peaceful. We have wrapped her in her blankets and will bury her next to our cat that we had for 18 years and Kiah loved.

Please have her in your thoughts. My children are distressed as am I and my husband.

Again, thank you all so much for your kindness.

I can't believe she is no longer here.

What will I do?

Kate

Rest in peace sweet Kiah

so sorry for your loss when Riley died I had him cremated and this poem came back with his ashes so its yours to share I just changed the breed.

I was standing on a hillside, in a field of blowing wheat

And the spirit of a German Shepherd /Kelpie Dog was lying at my feet.

He looked at me with kind dark eyes, ancient wisdom shining through,

And in the essence of his being his love shone clear and true.

His mind did lock upon my heart as I stood there on that day,

And he told me of this story about a place so far away.

His tale did put my heart at ease, my fears did fade away,

About what lay ahead of me on another distant day.

“I live among God’s creatures now in the heavens of your mind,

So do not grieve for me my friend for I am with my kind.

My collar is a rainbow’s hue, my leash a shooting star.

My boundaries are the Milky Way where I sparkle from afar.

There are no pens or kennels here, and I am not confined,

But free to roam God’s heavens among my Shepherd Cross kind.

I nap the day on a snowy cloud, gentle breezes rocking me,

And dream the dreams of earthlings and how it used to be.

The trees are full of liver treats and tennis balls abound,

And milk bones line the walkways, just waiting to be found.

There even is a ring set up, the grass all lush and green,

And everyone who gaits around becomes the Best Breed.

For we’re all winners in this place, we have no faults you see,

And God passes out those Ribbons to each one, even me.

I drink from waters laced with gold, my world a beauty to behold,

And wise old dogs do form my pride to amble at my very side.

At night I sleep in an angel’s arms, her wings protecting me,

And moonbeams dance about us as stardust falls on thee.

So when your life on earth is spent, and you stand at Heaven’s gate,

Have no fear of loneliness, for here you know I wait.”

Edited by isaviz

What will I do?

You'll continue to love her and know that she left because it was her 'right' time. You'll know that she is there, watching over you .... even though you cannot see her. You'll know that she is running, free of pain and completely devoid of the physical limitations of age, in a sunny field with long soft grass and with trees underwhich she may rest.

You will miss her - heartwrenchingly at first, but then more softly with time. But you will move on and find happiness without her physical presence being near you, as that is what she would want ..... nothing less. You will know that she will always be with you, wrapped in the warmth of your heart.

You will know that you have been blessed with having known and loved her, and she you.

You will be ok.

I am very sorry for your loss, k8star. :p

Kate I'm so very, very sorry. I am sitting here at work bawling over a dog I never knew, but whose brave soul coupled with your devoted love to her touched my heart.

Kiah will live on forever in a special place in your heart. She will never be forgotten or unloved. She is at peace now and forever. She sounds like she lived a blessed and happy life with your family. Try not to be sad, she lived well and passed before she suffered too much, it was just her time. And she gave you the greatest gift of taking that awful decision regarding her treatment away from you... maybe to pay you back for all the love you have shown her since saving her from the RSPCA. Her fate could have been very different, and I'm sure she has also blessed your family with many great gifts and memories over her many years with you.

And when you feel ready, I'm sure Kiah would love you to save another poor furry soul to love and cherish...

RIP beautiful old Kiah.

Hugs to you and your family Kate.

Best wishes,

Kelly and Chloe

Sleep peacefully Kiah - I feel your sorrow at not being with her but I am joyful because she went so peacefully - which is a real blessing........know that she loved you and know that you did all you could...but take comfort in knowing that she slid gently from this world..... :p

Oh..:cry: I am so sorry for you and your family, what a shock; but she went at her own time, where she wanted to be, and as she should have..sleeping peacefully.

She saved you the painful decision-making,and watching her slide away....

thinking of you...

OMG :mad ... I just read this whole post n it brought tears to my eyes..... Its hard loosing ya best m8... im sure we have all been down this track b4 and how hard it to to cope... R.I.P Kiah and have a great time over the rainbow im sure u will enjoy it :cry: And for You and your family keep ya chin up im sure she knows she was much loved n cared for...

Cheers :)

Kate,

In another lifetime, I had a best friend. He was a dog.

He never cared how I looked.

He cared if I was sad. He was always there for me.

He stayed with me. He protected me when the one who vowed to protect me, left me.

His eyes told me he understood my pain. No-one else ever looked at me with eyes like those.

He aged and so did I.

Some nights he would come sit by me for a pat, even though his weary old bones wanted to lie down.

He was my protector, my strength, my companion and my best friend.

He became ill, but he knew I could not do it alone, not yet.

Soon, but not yet.

A person came into my life. My dog knew I would be alright with this person, that he would look after me and keep me happy. One day my best friend quietly slipped away, on his own, without a fuss.

He knew the one thing I could never do, was to make that decision. I have held many paws when their time is over, it is not hard for me. I can be there for them when it is their time, comfort them and console their friends. I could not have done it for my dear friend, he knew, so he went on his own.

Looking back, this was the way it had to be.

I am sorry for your loss.

R.I.P. dear Kiah.