Nutro Vs Eukanuba

Apologies if this has already been asked. I am looking at changing from Eukanuba Dry to Nutro as a lot of people seem to reccommend it however I thought I remembered reading the other day that they were both owed by the same company. Do you think there is any difference and are both as good as one another?

I don't know about who owns them but..... I changed my husky from Eukanuba to Nutro and was pretty impressed with how shiny his coat got after a couple of weeks on Nutro. I have swapped him (again) to Eaglepack because he has a persistent ear problem and I am trying to work out if it's diet related.... the Eaglepack is a fish related diet that I thought might be less irritating and more in line with his "heritage" diet...

Anyway I was pretty happy with the change and, given a choice between the two brands again, I would choose Nutro over Eukanuba.

Hope that helps

I don't know about who owns them but..... I changed my husky from Eukanuba to Nutro and was pretty impressed with how shiny his coat got after a couple of weeks on Nutro. I have swapped him (again) to Eaglepack because he has a persistent ear problem and I am trying to work out if it's diet related.... the Eaglepack is a fish related diet that I thought might be less irritating and more in line with his "heritage" diet...

Anyway I was pretty happy with the change and, given a choice between the two brands again, I would choose Nutro over Eukanuba.

Hope that helps

Thanks for the info. Have read about how good Nutro is supposed to be so was going to switch over from the Eukanuba, then I'm sure I read on another thread that these two brands are actually made by the same company, so am wondering how different they actually are!

Have never even heard about Eagle Pack?

Is it more widely available in some areas then others?

Thanks fo rthe info. I might give the Nutro a go.

I have definitely seen Eaglepack in more places than Nutro in Victoria...... not sure about wider than that....

I would prefer the Nutro to the Eaglepack but I think that is just that the fish based food STINKS! My husky likes it though! :rofl:

I have definitely seen Eaglepack in more places than Nutro in Victoria...... not sure about wider than that....

I would prefer the Nutro to the Eaglepack but I think that is just that the fish based food STINKS! My husky likes it though! :rofl:

Yep - have found Nutro very hard to locate - I think because there is only one company that imports it into Australa - however I have found a place that sells it online.

Nutro and Eukanuba are NOT owned by the same company. You may have read about the recall on dog food in the US, here is the link to the press release by Nutro regarding the recall:

This may or may not be of interest to those who either feed or are considering feeding Nutro.

Their stand on this is quite clear and DOES NOT affect the dry products available internationally.

NONE of the Nutro canned products are available in Australia.

http://www.nutroproducts.com/pressreleases.asp

We have been feeding Nutro for well over 6 years and are very happy with the results. There are some testimonials about Nutro here:

http://www.naturalpetfoodsaustralia.com/

Nutro and Eukanuba are NOT owned by the same company. You may have read about the recall on dog food in the US, here is the link to the press release by Nutro regarding the recall:

This may or may not be of interest to those who either feed or are considering feeding Nutro.

Their stand on this is quite clear and DOES NOT affect the dry products available internationally.

NONE of the Nutro canned products are available in Australia.

http://www.nutroproducts.com/pressreleases.asp

We have been feeding Nutro for well over 6 years and are very happy with the results. There are some testimonials about Nutro here:

http://www.naturalpetfoodsaustralia.com/

Thanks everyone for their replies.

I have fed many different foods over the years (including Euk), but my dogs do best on Nutro Natural Choice. I was given two huge bags of Euk last year from the Euk rep to try with one of my dogs and she didn't care for it. Good luck with whatever you choose. :thumbsup:

Working setters there are several people on these forums who have switched to Nutro and had excellent results, we have possibly been feeding Nutro longer than most people here in Aus, as it was more readily available in NZ where we are from. Any information about Nutro, e.g. the press releases, guaranteed analysis, retail outlets etc etc are readily available on their website, its a matter of looking. :thumbsup:

I used to have a very finicky eater and tried every dry food available from cheap supermarket brands to Premium to Eagle Pack. Someone suggested I try Nutro and sent me some samples. My finicky girl loved it from the first mouthful. I feed all of my dogs on Nutro and they go crazy when they see me going to the food containers. They are in much better condition and their coats are fantastic since I changed. Eukanuba suited a couple of my dogs but Nutro suits all of mine. I am raising my new puppy on Nutro as well and everyone who sees him comments on how good he looks. We never have any trouble getting them all to eat their dinner and it seems to be a race to see who finishes theirs first.

I feed my girl Nutro, and she is doing really well on it. She had some skin problems

they have completely cleared and she now has a lovely coat.

Yep, it is good stuff........good luck with what ever you choose Kodiak! :laugh:

Working setters there are several people on these forums who have switched to Nutro and had excellent results, we have possibly been feeding Nutro longer than most people here in Aus, as it was more readily available in NZ where we are from. Any information about Nutro, e.g. the press releases, guaranteed analysis, retail outlets etc etc are readily available on their website, its a matter of looking. :laugh:

I never said otherwise. Like everybody else on this thread I simply stated my experiences with my dogs. And for what it's worth, Euk also have a global reputation for excellence, websites that extol the virtues of their products and a satisfied customer base with many thousands more customers than Nutro.

Edited by Working_Setters

That's true WS but Euk is more widely available and known.

I know many who have excellent results on Euk, but unfortunately my dogs won't eat it

I've had excellent results on Nutro and the holistic Eagle Pack formula's.

We feed both our dogs Nutro.

Our Boxer is a VERY fussy bugger, and usually hates bikkies, and won't willingly eat them. You have to stand there and encorage him to eat it, or add egg & sardines or he won't touch it. That includes Super Premium like Eagle Pack, and Premium like Eukanuba, Royal Canin & Hills. He just wolfs down his Nutro - nothing needs to be added and don't need to watch & encourage him to eat it. :)

Our Lab will eat anything, but is on Nutro Light as we don't have to feed as much to her each day, and cheaper to feed than Hills w/d which she supposed to be on after her diet on r/d.

We also will start feeding our kittens on Nutro once old enough to wean.

-WithEverythingIAm