Our Beautiful Nettie

shoemonster

Our gorgeous fuzzbutt Nettie died today

We came home and found her lying in the bathroom, and she was gone

She was only about 4 years old, we've had her since she was about 18 months from the RSPCA

She was never sick and nothing was ever wrong with her, we have no idea what happened but I am taking the other 2 to the vet tomorrow to get them checked over to make sure

I think I am still in shock and OH is really in shock, she was his first cat, he always had dogs, and we got Nettie when we were at the shelter, and I wanted Blossom but he wanted Nettie, so we comprmised and got both of them lol

We will miss her so much, she was a favourite of many of our friends and everytime I'm going to have to tell them it will kill me inside

Nettie you will be sorely missed, especially by your wrestling buddy Blossom who will be lost without you

Here is a recent thread oabout our nufty cat Nettie, we always thought there was something not quite right about her as she had shocking balance, and was just a bit simple, but so damn lovable

http://forums.dogzonline.com.au/index.php?...=93207&st=0

I just don't know what to do, it hurts really bad :dropjaw:

Oh Shoey, I am so sorry, what a shit of a week :)

Im herre if you need to talk

RIP little one, i will ask my old boy to meet you, he was a big tuff staffy who loved little kitty cats, he will make you feel welcome

:dropjaw:

So sorry to hear about Netty Sis. All so suddenly. :)

Let me know if anything comes out of the vet check tomorrow on Mort and Bloss.

If you need anything I'm only a phone call, sms or email away. :rofl:

Thinking of you.

Luv Tan

P.S I am sure the Ratties and Nettie are having a great time catching up.

RIP Nettie :dropjaw:

Edited by Devilchick

Oh Tan, I'd ring but I'm such a mess when I try to talk

I will let you know, and thank you for being there

Also thankyou to Suz for coming and helping this arvo, to look at poor Nettie for me cos all the vets were shut, when I was a mess and didn't know what to do, I meant to say that before but I'm not thinking that clearly

yeah I know, I'm not even going to pretend i can understand what you are going through, I haven't had to go throught it yet, thankfully. But I can guarantee I would be incoherent!

Just remember..... you guys were the best thing Nettie could ever hoped for from the day you picked her up from the shelter. You both did good! Even though her time with you guys was short, it was still full of adventure and love. Just what all animals need.

Edited by Devilchick

ohh god shoey i had no idea i just saw this now, what a horrible day for you, im so sorry thinking of you all it has been a shity day,, i got a call from my best friend who found her beloved cat tilly on the road who was 14 years old and hit by a car :) she looked very much like your nettie, maybe she needed a friend to take with her to the bridge, but dont worry to much, my dodgey boy loved cats and will look after them both

i am so so so sorry shoey hugs to you all if theres anything we can do were here

R.I .P Netty and Tilly :dropjaw: forever in the hearts of those who love you.

Thankyou

Suz and I took Mort and Blos to the vet today, they got a perfect health check and we talked lots about Nettie and what could have happened to her

The vet thinks that she may have had some kind of existing brain injury, which would account for all her lack of balance all the time we had her, and he thinks it may have been that she fell and landed badly or she may have had an aneurism or a seizure or something, being that she was an indoor cat, so he was pretty confident that it wasn't anything contagious