Dog Kibble With Kangaroo Protein Source

Still on my quest for a suitable kibble for Raf ;)

I see Eukanuba in the US have released one with kangaroo - like their fish and potato. Seems to be the only one I can find - link

Anyone know of a kibble with kangaroo as the primary protein source available here in Oz?

We don't have it here as far as I know.

Refresh my memory coz I can't remember :mad but are any of the Eagle Pack holistic types suitable? Namely the duck one?

You would have to get onto your Vet to call the Rep and see what they can do about shipping it for you....not sure what the response would be though.

Mel.

When i went to buy Bonnie the other day the working dog now says real red meats,no mention of Kangaroo like the past bags.

I didnt buy the bag as i didnt have the time to read the ingredients & the adult is also suitabel so brought that

Unfortunately the Bonnie Working Dog has chicken and beef too, which rules it out for Raf as he is intolerant to both those proteins.

S&T while Eukanuba make Kangaroo and Potato they also add pork fat which rules that one out too so no point importing. Eagle Pack Duck formula contains chicken so another no go. The EP Anchovy formula has just 3 types of fish protein - that one is still on my very limited list of kibbles to try. Also holding hope for ZiwiPeak venison until I can read a full ingredient list.

By all means throw in other suggestions if you can suggest a kibble without chicken, turkey, pork, lamb, beef or veal. I would love to hear it!!!!

I would definitely try the Anchovy, I have tried it on my Stafford girl and found it worked *almost* as well as Z/d for her skin.

I'm not sure why we have such a limited supply of choice when there are hundreds of brands over in the US.

Mel.

S&T the problem isnt so much availability its more that these companies - say Eukanuba - wack pork fat in with their 'novel formula'. I don't get it?? Why bother - sticking the regular protein fat in there?

Z/D is also out for us as Raf's system still can't tolerate the hydrolised chicken protein. Z/D is only effective for about 70% of dogs. Hills make 4 D/D formulas - vension, lamb, egg and 1 more? - and put pork in all of them. Drives me insane!!!

Jules, thank you. I am intruiged by Phuds, sounds very interesting. I shall look into it :mad

S&T sorry don't mean to preach :mad This kibble thing is driving me round the twist and I can't help but whinge :mad:mad

Peigirl, I fully understand where you're coming from. My dog is on the Eukanuba fish and potato and I presume the animal fat there is pork. Luckily, no reaction to it. I give him the EP anchovy/salmon one as treats and he loves it and again, no reaction.

I wrote to Eukanuba Australia recently regarding the recalls in the States and found them less than helpful, so I intend to ring them and give them a blast. I asked where they source their ingredients and they simply didn't respond to that question.

ETA: In the shuffle about pet foods in the states, quite a few people with wheatens are looking to making their own foods and recommended these people. You pay for the consult but people were very pleased with the results. The problem with doing your own food for a dog requiring a special diet, particularly IBD and the wheaten diseases (PLE/PLN) is getting the balance right. http://www.petdiets.com/

Edited by Sheridan

Unfortunately the Bonnie Working Dog has chicken and beef too, which rules it out for Raf as he is intolerant to both those proteins.

S&T while Eukanuba make Kangaroo and Potato they also add pork fat which rules that one out too so no point importing. Eagle Pack Duck formula contains chicken so another no go. The EP Anchovy formula has just 3 types of fish protein - that one is still on my very limited list of kibbles to try. Also holding hope for ZiwiPeak venison until I can read a full ingredient list.

By all means throw in other suggestions if you can suggest a kibble without chicken, turkey, pork, lamb, beef or veal. I would love to hear it!!!!

Peigirl - I have a bag of the ZiwiPeak Venison in front of me. Just gave it to my girl for brekkie - she loves it.

Ingredients are: Venison - meat(min 65%), Liver, Tripe, Heart and Kidney (min 19.5%); Chickory Syrup; Green-lipped and Blue Mussel (min 4%); Hoki Fish Oil; Lecithin; Kelp; Vitamins and Minerals; Parsley.

Hope that helps!

Graciek9, where did you get the Ziwipeak from? I have a bag of the venison and green lipped mussel treats and my dog adores them. I'd love to try the kibble for him.

Sheridan, I buy mine online from Natural Pet Store. Do a google search for ziwipeak and a few places come up.

S&T sorry don't mean to preach :rofl: This kibble thing is driving me round the twist and I can't help but whinge :rofl::rofl:

Sorry I wasn't trying to be rude...just that I remembered that bit and forgot the rest of the details :laugh: by all means whinge as much as you like. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Gracie thanks so much for that ingredient list - all novel proteins! :thumbsup::)

Sheridan, Natural Pet Store is operated by DOLer Hesapandabear if you want to PM.

Panda actually operates "Natural Pet Foods Australia" not natural pet store. 2 entirely different companies, but I do beleive heasapandabear sell's it cheaper :D

-WithEverythingIAm