To The Pit Bulls!

Cavamum

Just confirming that the worst owners are attracted to the pit bull types...

We play with our dogs at a secluded spot where a long path is visible on the other side of the creek. We heard the echo of a man making ghastly 'argh' and 'giiit ere' noises then saw him yanking back his dog on a check chain .Using a 2 metre lead he would allow the dog to plod along optimistically out front then whip him back to about a metro in front. The mans body language was as concerning as his handling techniques. He was swaggering , posturing with his weight back and chest out. The dog was being bullied into matching his owners stride . It looked like 101 training session of a ''deterrent tough dog". Really off putting stuff.

I feel sorry that this poor dog was unfortunate enough to be chosen by this thug because of it's stunning physique and stoic nature.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We play with our dogs at a secluded spot where a long path is visible on the other side of the creek. We heard the echo of a man making ghastly 'argh' and 'giiit ere' noises then saw him yanking back his dog on a check chain .Using a 2 metre lead he would allow the dog to plod along optimistically out front then whip him back to about a metro in front. The mans body language was as concerning as his handling techniques. He was swaggering , posturing with his weight back and chest out. The dog was being bullied into matching his owners stride . It looked like 101 training session of a ''deterrent tough dog". Really off putting stuff.

I feel sorry that this poor dog was unfortunate enough to be chosen by this thug because of it's stunning physique and stoic nature.

Unfortunately yes, egocentric clueless individuals are more inclined to be attracted to this breed due to the stigma they carry.... but i would like to think if such a big deal wasnt made of them if this would still be the case.

Sorry for double posting there. . Zzz

I think it has been fair to warn the OP to superviise her pups socialization carefully and in an unbiased manner.

For the thread to morph into a pitbull debate is understandable when there are laws in place and opinions here that are not based on the science which are perpetuating a people problem.

Although my darling Abbie is not a Pit Bull she is a Bull Breedx Her and her bestie Yogi Whippet are the best of friends and often get called Jack and Walter( the odd couple) when they are out and about :laugh:

Judge breeds and owners by their actions and deeds individually please dont let a few bad owners cloud your opinion of a loveable type of dog(and owner)

post-28340-0-46006700-1329692409_thumb.jpg

Although my darling Abbie is not a Pit Bull she is a Bull Breedx Her and her bestie Yogi Whippet are the best of friends and often get called Jack and Walter( the odd couple) when they are out and about :laugh:

Judge breeds and owners by their actions and deeds individually please dont let a few bad owners cloud your opinion of a loveable type of dog(and owner)

post-28340-0-46006700-1329692409_thumb.jpg

nawww thats a very cute story :)... they look so happy!!.

this was interesting until the end of page 2....I had to stop reading at page 3.....some people just have to have their say ....and continue to have their say.......and keep on having their say.....how annoying. I wish I could have a 'crap filter' for the annoying people who 'know everything' and have to mundanely repeat the incessant negativity we all already know.

I am all for Pit Bulls and especially responsible dog owners. I appreciate this thread for the intention of initial post. Thankyou to whoever started it......no thanks to the person who hijacked it.

Edited by Diesel's Mate

this was interesting until the end of page 2....I had to stop reading at page 3.....some people just have to have their say ....and continue to have their say.......and keep on having their say.....how annoying. I wish I could have a 'crap filter' for the annoying people who 'know everything' and have to mundanely repeat the incessant negativity we all already know.

I am all for Pit Bulls and especially responsible dog owners. I appreciate this thread for the intention of initial post. Thankyou to whoever started it......no thanks to the person who hijacked it.

rofl1.gifrofl1.gifrofl1.gif Ummmm. This is a forum.

I actually just think they are 12 year old kids who watch to much of sunrise in the morning? tbh... that is the only logical conclusion I have come to

Unfortunately yes, egocentric clueless individuals are more inclined to be attracted to this breed due to the stigma they carry.... but i would like to think if such a big deal wasnt made of them if this would still be the case.

Actually, I think that it might have happened in a different order. The egocentric clueless individuals are why the breed is in such a predicament and why it has so many issues. They created the stigma.

Edited by ~Anne~

Actually, I think that it might have happened in a different order. The egocentric clueless individuals are why the breed is in such a predicament and why it has so many issues. They created the stigma.

You're probably right there however the restrictions have increased this problem x1000. Now every douchebag out there wants a pitty and is breeding them in the shed. Pups can go for $1000 + with no proof of breed anyway... it was never that rampant before the restrictions.

You're probably right there however the restrictions have increased this problem x1000. Now every douchebag out there wants a pitty and is breeding them in the shed. Pups can go for $1000 + with no proof of breed anyway... it was never that rampant before the restrictions.

It was never that rampant untill the media started to exploit them lol.....im sure your average joe did not even know such a breed existed.

wow, i've just watched the video clip of the dogs playing and i'm dumbfounded by the "experts" in this thread suggesting that "the big brown dog" was threatening in anyway. He/she was just wanting in on the game imo, there was zero signs of aggression that i saw

wow, i've just watched the video clip of the dogs playing and i'm dumbfounded by the "experts" in this thread suggesting that "the big brown dog" was threatening in anyway. He/she was just wanting in on the game imo, there was zero signs of aggression that i saw

I think I missed the parts where people were saying the brown dog was aggressive. Can you possibly quote them for us? Thanks :)

No, there was a 'dominance' by that dog which I've seen turn south pretty quickly before

Koala the Bear: Lovely picture and video! If I had a girl like Delta I dare say I'd spend my days lost in her eyes! Her and Ruby look like such perfect pitty princesses :love::love:

Robbi: Abslutely love that pic of your 2! What a gorgeous friendship

TheCheekyMonster: That video is adorable! How cute are both your 2!

Koala the Bear: Lovely picture and video! If I had a girl like Delta I dare say I'd spend my days lost in her eyes! Her and Ruby look like such perfect pitty princesses :love::love:

Robbi: Abslutely love that pic of your 2! What a gorgeous friendship

TheCheekyMonster: That video is adorable! How cute are both your 2!

hahah they are pretty darn cute, she from the jeep/redboy line decendent from Honeybunch. III

Edited by TheCheekyMonster

Didn't anyone listen to their Mum's when they said "if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all". Great way to turn a possibly great thread into a 14 page shit fight about who is better than who and why APBT's are big evil monsters :rolleyes: ...

Gussy's Mum, Nala was so adorable when she was a baby and every time I see the picture of her with the ducklings it brings a smile to my face :) OP, its great to hear your little cav had such fun playing with the other dogs. I honestly didn't see anything wrong with how the dogs were playing - to me (as someone else said) the APBT looked like he was trying to join in best he could but was unsure how to play with such a little dog! But what do I know... really....