Morning Sickness Medications

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best update EVER! I am so glad Danny is doing so well DD. He's given you enough stress already!

Well done!

Casper used to follow me around all the time too so when he wasn't with me, I'd panic and go looking for him. Not sure which one of us was more clingy!

I can relate to this too.

:thumbsup:

Rappie when I questioned the number of times he was medicated with the woman at SASH, she more or less said that I was unable to give Danny the care he needed. He was terribly sick and he was on about 4 meds three times a day !!! I ended up putting in a long report about her to the hospital administration.

I was in constant touch with my vet about my concerns that the regime was too much for him and if it hadn't been for CavNrott's insistence that I question the Zantac, I wouldn't have had the impetus to question it.

It is a question of not knowing that there is something to know.

However, the situation is so much better now.

We've had one large throw up through the night a couple of nights ago, but it was my fault (again!!). He obviously wasn't very hungry, but I kept on giving him his syringes of "shake" through the day. The next day, I gave him only a bit of food and only if he was interested. Back to normal today with a couple of ordinary food meals and his shake.

It was funny when we went out for our morning walk today. We exit by the side gate where I have all their leads hanging. If he doesn't want to come on the walk, he hangs right back, but this morning, he was pushing against the gate. That makes me happy. Sensibly, he didn't even come downstairs when we went for the afternoon one ---- it was freezing.

It has taken a long time to find a regime that suits him, LG, and if I hadn't had so much input from DOL, we wouldn't have progressed. Poor little man, but :crossfingers: :crossfingers: :crossfingers: he will be okay for a while yet. At his age, I would expect set backs from time to time,

• 1 month later...

Dearest Darling Danny Delicious is doing really well, I am happy (understatement :laugh: :laugh: ) to report. He still has occasional throws but (hoping I am not jinxing him) not enough to have me racing to the vet in panic.

He comes walking with me and the others; we occasionally go to an off leash dog park where they can all sniff to their hearts' content. I have to keep reminding myself that he is a very old dog now and sometimes he doesn't want to come walking, so he is left behind and I can hear him at the side gate barking in protest :o :o

The amazing thing is that he now regularly has ordinary meals at the same time I give them to the other dogs. He prefers it slightly cooked and so do the others, it would appears, so that is pretty easy.

Giving him his medications is easy as I have found that the tiny pills go down with cheese spread and the other is via syringe. The first in the morning ones sometime come back up, but I figure enough stays down to do the work they are meant to. I think he still feels a bit nauseous in the mornings, but not as bad as when I started this thread.

Photo is from a few years ago, but I love it.

post-1031-0-38792700-1435709681_thumb.jpg

Thats the best postI have read in a while! :thumbsup: I am so pleased that your absolute dedication to Danny has shown improvement and has begun to smooth out the rollercoaster ride :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Fantastic news DDD! How is his weight now?

I haven't weighed him for a while, but just from feel, he is holding firm, thank you. :thumbsup:

Thanks Yonjuro. I was out with a friend this afternoon and was away a bit longer than intended as required the NRMA to get me moving again, but the welcome when I arrived home was amazing. Danny was racing around like a dog half his age.