Show Clothes Revisted

mersonmalinois

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a list a mile long of people who want my orange suit.

It will be staying with me until I bust the seams :clap:

I have given away many items to other show people though. Including a $200 Cue Design jacket and a zampatti top that I wore once and it cost $245. I bought them when I was 90kg, now I am 58kg, the were just taking up room in my closet.

There are a few show people who really enjoy when I have my wardrobe clearances... the next one will happen in a couple of months.

Unfortunately, being "up-sized" means a distinct lack of good show clothing, secondhand or otherwise. I tend to stick to some old favourites and just keep my eyes and ears open.

Some of my very BEST show clothing came from a seconds shop in Riverside, California a decade ago. Wish I'd bought more now! And wish I could remember the name of the darned place too! :clap:

Being on a budget I don't really give mine away. I just use them until they either no longer fit or they wear out.

I just love dressing up for shows. Lately I've purchased some lovely suits from the UK on ebay but unfortunately more often than not they don't fit. :clap: I don't bother returning them because the expense in postage is just not worth it. I'm hoping they will fit me one day. :clap:

I was thinking about posting a "SHOW SUITS WANTED" topic in the Offtopic Classified section and see what comes up. I've got to wait till I have a little extra money to be able to pay for them though. :clap:

Whoever it was that inherited your old suits Susie are darned lucky. :clap:

Cheerio

Maria

I was thinking about posting a "SHOW SUITS WANTED" topic in the Offtopic Classified section and see what comes up.

That is a good idea, Midniara.

Maybe we could ask Troy to pin a tread and people could list any show suits they want to pass on or are looking for.

Maria,

I don't charge anything for my suits or accessories nor do I even want postage. If we barter something, great, but I want others to get enjoyment from my clothing. What size do you take? If you are near me in size, I will reserve my next batch for you. Just let me know if you are interested.

The box is scheduled to arrive in Oz in 4-10 days. Last time I sent a box it took FOREVER! This time I wanted to speed up the process. :clap: The box weighed around 16 pounds. LOTS of fun things in it. :clap:

I find it hard to get good coloured suits, they are mainly dark coulours, the other problem is I am quite small so it is hard to find a good fit. I am happy to pass on any suits I do not want.. I have a red skirt and jacket size 8 been worn only 2 times ( red is not my colour) anyone want it? :clap:

Edited by shepin

I like this thread, good idea MM!

I have a couple of size 14 and 16 from being pregnant..I bought them at op shops but they are still great condition, and I only buy nice colours, blues, purples etc..

We have a great op shop near us and I am always picking up suits their for $10 - $15!

Any requests in size or colour to keep my eye out for?? I dont mind picking nice suits up, but I hate it when I see a really nice suit and no one to buy it for!! I think what a waste of a great show suit! lol!

I would love a pink, green, bright blue or yellow skirtsuit in a 12 -14...

Edited by Missymoo

I am like Ellz and are "up-sized" and also short, 5feet 3inches. Also on an limited budget.

I am desperate for a suit in a hot pink or cherry red tomato colour( pants size 18 if elastic waisted all around, otherwise a bit bigger, jacket/blazer need at least a size 22 as I have inherited my mother's families broad back and big hips and thighs).

( my dear Dad can eat all he likes and never puts on weight :clap: )

I have a lovely apricot/peach fully lined skirt in size 18 (worn once)that I am prepared to swap if someone in the world can find me a hot pink outfit. I love that colour and it looks superb with my Tricolour Collies.So does the bright reds.

MM- anything in your box of "goodies" that might suit/fit me? Please

Great idea for a thread too DOlers.

Edited by InspectorRex

I generally hand mind down to juniors but i have remained the same weight for so long that i havent out grown anything.

I also buy carefully & prefer to pay more something that will last but i have purchased some great stuff from the op shops,having irish/english setter means getting colours that suit both can be hard .

I have 2 wardrobes full of clothes :clap:

• Troy unpinned this topic