Show Clothes Revisted

mersonmalinois

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to join in too if I can :rolleyes:

I've been to one show now, and realised very quickly that my grey suit (even with a bright red top underneath) is waaaayyy too drab for showing :)

I am after a bright coloured jacket (and skirt or trousers if available - but I plan to wear a black skirt otherwise) in a size 12. My puppy is a lemon and white pointer so I think I'm after a purple, sky blue or green jacket - but I'm open to suggestions and other ideas. Thanks!

HEY :rolleyes: HELP NEEDED OVER HERE

Can anybody suggest what would look nice but not too gaudy against a black/brindle and white puppy girl? I don't want her to blend in with me but not want to take the focus off her, if you know what I mean.

Will be looking through op shops soon as I've been recommended to go there for show clothes but would like an idea of what to look for.

Ta muchly :)

HEY :rofl: HELP NEEDED OVER HERE

Can anybody suggest what would look nice but not too gaudy against a black/brindle and white puppy girl? I don't want her to blend in with me but not want to take the focus off her, if you know what I mean.

Will be looking through op shops soon as I've been recommended to go there for show clothes but would like an idea of what to look for.

Ta muchly :rofl:

Pastel colours would look lovely: pink, blue, green, lilac, dusty rose, etc. None of those colours are over the top or crazy, but I do think they would set off your girl in a very nice way. :rofl:

Pastel colours would look lovely: pink, blue, green, lilac, dusty rose, etc. None of those colours are over the top or crazy, but I do think they would set off your girl in a very nice way. :rofl:

Thanks mersonmalinois :rofl:

I went to the Salvos yesterday (god I love that shop!!!) and got a whole outfit for ... $11!!! OK OK now I sound like a complete cheapskate but I can't afford to fork out heaps of moola for clothes that are going to get dirty on a regular basis. I ended up with a beigey pair of pants and a white top that doesn't look too corporate! Hopefully that will do for the mo but I'll keep my eyes out for decent greens and reds as well :rofl:

just found this thread i am about to emark into the showring with a smoth fox terrier black and white and have no idea what to wear or where to shop in melbourne thats not to expensive im a size 18 - 20 and would really apprecite any help with starting a hsow warddrbe

ooooooo me to cept a 16 to 18 although i can sew i can adjust if needed, and my foxies are tan and white, and i prefer pants dont do skirts so if anyoen has any hinters that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...

:) Hey guys I received a package from Canada this morning.......

they fit they fit they fit...............................

Thank you so much Heather......new babies to show and new outfits to show in that fit PERFECTLY

:cry:

BTW hubby has told me I have to throw out all my clothes that dont fit :laugh: so could be some 12 - 16 size suit coming on here when I get around to clearing the wardrobe.....there is an up side....he has promised if I ever lose the weight he will buy me new show suits.

I have a friend that is looking for show suits in size 12. We don't have a huge selection up this way. She has done the Vinnies thing.

I am assuming short sleeves ? and what colour would be suitable ? :laugh:

She doesn't have a preference with sleeve length, either will do, but the skirt must be alright to run in. Any colour other than black! And preferably unlined!!!

Edited by Pointers Rule

OMG..................took mum fo some tests and saw a 'Savers' store just around the corner....go in and down the back they have 2 racks of skirt suits....really light material all pinstriped.....black, navy, hot pink, purple, pale blue, cream.....................I bought 4......guess how much

$1.99 each suit...............unfortunately didnt have a credit card with me. or I would have bouht heaps to share..mostly size small, medium and xxlarge.......some others. THe girl said they were uniforms, but hey light weight and they fit......all short sleeved.................

Dandenong

Edited by experiencedfun

as a rule I never go to Dandenong........and for anyone looking to get a fe...check the skirt sizes before you buy..........I got home....blue one no zip....cream on is ankle length and a large (not xlarge......black one would be medium........so after all that I have one suit and hot pink one :( might have to make an efort to get back in there and pick up some of th right size skirts....Eridor I am size 18 and XL fit me...was nice to put on XXL and go oooppsss too big...........lol They wont cost much to post as they are very light...roll up in bag sort of material. I will try to get some pics in the morning when hubby isnt here to pick on me for not getting it right....

• Troy unpinned this topic