Editing 3 Pics Into One

I have seen some dolers photos with 3 photos edited into one frame. Sometimes its been 3 panels next to each other.

Helen and Huga, Im pretty sure they may have been yours I saw.

How do you do this and what programme do you use? Can I do it in Lightroom? Hope that makes sense :laugh:

Thanks!

Edited by becandcharch

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

do you mean like a template - you can just create one of those in photoshop, by creating a initial blank canvas to whatever size you want, and then copy each image onto it using layers and resize to desired finish size. Or you could get really fancy, and create your finished template already with blank spaces for the image, and then copy and paste into each layer as desired. You can buy blank templates like this from various places on the web, but they are also not too hard to make - all you need is to know what you want to end up with, an use the ruler tool when making the template. Have fun!!!

I use photoshop elements which is not terribly expensive, to get a thin line around an image select all and then edit stroke - for a small pic 1 px is enough, that is what I have used to get the border around my sig picture.

If you want to add a few images together you need to increase canvas size and drag the other photos on top and move them to the right position

Edited by helen

I just use Photoscape. Easy peasey.

:laugh: How great it that!? So easy! Thanks Huga :laugh:

Uh oh Hang on! The max it will save is 162KB. Is there something im doing wrong or is that it??

You're doing it wrong :o

No, I don't know if you are, but I haven't had that trouble before. Is one of the little slider thingies set to save it as a small file?

I just use Photoscape. Easy peasey.

:laugh: How great it that!? So easy! Thanks Huga :o

Uh oh Hang on! The max it will save is 162KB. Is there something im doing wrong or is that it??

You're doing it wrong :rolleyes:

No, I don't know if you are, but I haven't had that trouble before. Is one of the little slider thingies set to save it as a small file?

:laugh:

When I go to save it is set at 85%. When I slide it up to 100% its still so small. Cant work it out.

So are your files saving large?

Are you talking about Triptych?

If so I did mine In photoshop pretty easy to do there, not sure about doing It elsewhere sorry :laugh:

work.4238163.6.flat,550x550,075,f.zeiba-triptych.jpg

ETA: Maybe you could download the PS trial.... It lasts for a month and you could have a play :laugh:

Edited by RottnBullies

Thanks guys.

I love the ease of photoscape, Its so super easy to use and Huga said her files stay large. I just need to work out whats going wrong.

I now have them saving at 1MG but its not big enough. The original files are around 4 MG each so I'm a little baffled but determined!!

OT - Zeiba is so pretty :laugh:

Thanks for bringing this up, Bec! Ive been wondering how to do it too! (the easy way). The way I used to do it just took forever!!

Photoscape can also do collages!

I quickly put together a collage from a friends 30th birthday party - 70's theme! Im the one in the orange dress, afro and glasses (and ones of me without the wig on) :laugh:

collage2.jpg

Thanks for bringing this up, Bec! Ive been wondering how to do it too! (the easy way). The way I used to do it just took forever!!

I quickly put together a collage from a friends 30th birthday party - 70's theme! Im the one in the orange dress, afro and glasses (and ones of me without the wig on) :laugh:

collage2.jpg

Nice BT! Now how big is it?!

collage2.jpg

Nice BT! Now how big is it?!

Well that verion is reduced, but I think the original was 2mb (as the file sizes were small to begin with)

However, I did one with three photos and that came out as 7MB.

I selected something that said 'keep original size' or something like that?